There are more than a hundred types of cancer. Also known as malignancy, cancer is basically an abnormal growth of cells in the body. Cancer can affect almost any part of the human body. Some common types include lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate and colorectal cancer, skin cancer and lymphoma.
Treating cancer can often be a long drawn process including chemotherapy, radiation, surgeries or a combination of these three. Previously thought to be incurable, advances in modern medicine and technology have made it possible for cancer patients to survive several forms of the disease provided they are detected in the early stages.
Different kinds of cancers have different symptoms and manifestations. Treatments like chemotherapy have their side effects as well. Cancer symptoms may include:
• Lumps in the breast or an abnormal mammogram may be the first symptoms of breast cancer
• Bloating in women accompanied by weight loss and inexplicable bleeding may indicate ovarian cancer
• Skin cancer often manifests itself by causing changes in the shape, size, or color of a mole or spot
• Swelling of the lymph nodes, or inexplicable swelling elsewhere especially if it lasts for more than a month
• Persistent heartburn may herald cancer of the throat, stomach, or ovaries
• Any abnormal, persistent bleeding, or blood in any bodily discharge
At the onset of any such symptoms, medical attention should be sought immediately. Check out Royal Sundaram's health insurance plans
available with provisions such as pre- and post-hospitalization expenses, lifetime renewal, and much more. Covering medical costs for a condition such as cancer of specified severity can be accomplished with Royal Sundaram health insurance for cancer of specified severity.