Lifeline Elite Health Plan - Royal Sundaram
If you are a globe trotter and looking for a Health Insurance Plan which provides best coverage in India as well as Abroad, then Lifeline Elite is the plan for you.
Any individual above 18 years of age can purchase Lifeline. Lifeline is offered as an Individual plan and as a Family Floater plan for self, spouse and children.
In an effort to give you the best of current day medical and healthcare facilities, Royal Sundaram has launched the Lifeline Elite Health Insurance Plan which offers comprehensive health cover with Sum Insured options of Rs.25 lacs, Rs.30 lacs, Rs.50 lacs, Rs.1 crore and Rs.1.5 crores.
In addition to high Sum Insured options, Lifeline Elite comes with a wide range of medical benefits covering critical illnesses, international treatment, maternity expenses (covers up to 2 deliveries if both husband and wife are covered under the same family floater policy), severe medical conditions and accidents.
The Lifeline Elite Plan is a holistic health insurance plan that offers extensive health cover along with an assortment of medical care benefits. Such comprehensive health cover ensures that you and your loved ones receive a wide range of exclusive health benefits.
List of Covers and Exclusions Lifeline Elite plan has to offer is as follows:
What is Covered?
Here are the key benefits offered by Lifeline Elite plan.
- Inpatient Hospitalization
- Pre and post-hospitalization expenses repayment up to sum insured for 60 days and 180 days, respectively
- Coverage for all types of day care procedures up to the sum insured. International treatment of 11 specified critical illnesses including return airfare up to Rs.3 lacs. Base cover is excluding US and Canada, however you can opt to include US and Canada at the inception of first policy
- Worldwide Emergency Hospitalization up to 50% of Sum Insured limited up to Rs.20 lacs. Base cover is excluding US and Canada, however you can opt to include US and Canada at the inception of first policy. Deductible of $1000 per claim is applicable.
- Maternity Benefit cover for up to 2 deliveries if both husband and wife are covered under the same family floater policy including New Born Baby Cover and Vaccination for New Born in first year
- OPD Treatment Cover of up to Rs.10,000
- Emergency Ambulance Cover of up to Rs.10,000.
- Organ donor treatment available up to the amount of sum insured.
- Domiciliary hospitalization expenses reimbursed up to the amount of sum insured.
- No-claim bonus (NCB) starts from 20% of the sum insured and extends up to 100% of the total sum insured. NCB is not deducted, even when a claim is filed during a particular year.
- Provision of re-load of sum insured during treatment of different illnesses in event of complete exhaustion of sum insured and NCB.
- AYUSH Treatment - Inpatient hospitalization cover up to Sum Insured in Government Hospitals and up to Rs.50,000 in other hospitals
- Vaccination in case of animal bite - Expenses up to Rs.7,500 covered
- Annual Health Checkups
- Second opinion for diagnosis and treatment of 11 specified critical illnesses.
- Emergency domestic evacuation cover of up to Rs.3 lacs.
What is not Covered?
Certain medical conditions will not receive any claims from the company under the Lifeline Elite health insurance plan. Here is the illustrative list of Exclusions this policy carries:
- Pre-existing medical conditions as defined in the policy and declared by the insured at the time of purchasing policy will be covered only after 24 months of uninterrupted policy coverage. Any gap in policy renewal will void such claims.
- Any claim other than accidents arising within the first 30 days after the policy commences will be exempted from claims.
- Critical Illness that are contracted by the insured person within first 90 days after the commencement of policy will not be considered for claims.
- Diseases such as Cataract, Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, Knee/Hip Replacement, Chronic Renal Failure/ End Stage Renal Failure etc., will not be covered during first two years of insurance.
- Permanent exclusions include medical cover availed due to Addictive Conditions and Disorders, Adventure or Hazardous Sports, Ageing and Puberty, Alternative Treatment (except AYUSH), Artificial Life Maintenance, Charges for Medical Papers, Circumcision, Conflict and Disaster, Congenital Conditions, Convalescence and Rehabilitation, Cosmetic Surgery, Dental/Oral Treatment, Drugs and Dressing for OPD Treatment or Take-home use, Eyesight Treatment, Health Hydros, Nature Cure, Wellness Clinics, HIV and AIDS, Hereditary Conditions, Hospitalization for Observation or Investigative purpose only, Items of personal comfort and convenience, Psychiatric and Psychosomatic Conditions, Obesity, Preventive Care, Reproductive Medicine, Self-inflicted Injuries, Sexual problems and gender issues, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Sleep Disorders, Speech Disorders, Stem Cell Implantation, Treatment for Alopecia, Treatment for Developmental Problems, Unproven/Experimental Treatment, Treatment from Unrecognized Hospital or Physician, Unrelated Diagnostic, or Injury due to Unlawful Activity.
Please refer to the terms and conditions of the policy to know the full list of exclusions.
Click here to download the Product Brochure for Lifeline Elite.