Tata Tigor Review, Price, RTO & Insurance | Royal Sundaram
Tata Motors has been the champions of sub-four metre car segment in India. Building and improving on the Tiago specs, they have introduced Tata Tiago in 2015 which was recently updated in 2019. Known as Tiago’s elder sibling, the Tigor has a wheelbase stretched by a full 50mm. The hatchback, or “styleback” as it is often called, looks small but packs amazing space into its design. The boot can accommodate a full grown adult. It takes all the top features of the Tiago and a layer of understated practicality to it. It is the perfect choice in its segment with the ideal balance between sensibility and flair.
The new Tata Tigor has six color variants – Roman Silver, Titanium Grey, Pearlescent White, Espresso Brown, Berry Red, and Egyptian Blue.
Tata is offering five new variants for the Tigor – XE, XM, XZ, XZA, and XZ+. The XZ is an AMT-based improvement upon XZ in the petrol variant. The company is also offering a JTP version to cater to the adventure enthusiasts.
Tata Tigor Price and Variants
Unlike many of its competitors, Tata Tigor offers a comprehensive set of both petrol and diesel variants.
Let us have a look at the ex-showroom Mumbai prices of the variants of Tigor –
TIGOR XE PETROL
TIGOR XM PETROL
TIGOR XZ PETROL
TIGOR XZ+ PETROL
TIGOR XZA PETROL (AMT)
TIGOR XE DIESEL
TIGOR XM DIESEL
TIGOR XZ DIESEL
TIGOR XZ+ DIESEL
*The prices are subject to change.
Tata Tigor Price by City
Rs. 6.17 - 8.87 Lakh
Rs. 6.45 - 9.12 Lakh
Rs. 6.52 - 9.01 Lakh
Rs. 6.4 - 9.05 Lakh
Rs. 6.46 - 9.13 Lakh
Rs. 6.38 - 8.76 Lakh
Rs. 6.44 - 8.9 Lakh
Tata Tigor Review and Features
- ENGINE - The Tigor gives you a power-packed performance with both the petrol and diesel variants. The 1.2L petrol Revotron triple cylinder engine provides a power of 84 bhp at 6000 RPM and a torque of 116Nm at 3500 RPM. The diesel-powered triple cylinder Revotorq engine gives a power of 69bhp at 4000 RPM and a torque of 140 Nm at 1800-3000 RPM.
The JTP version, a beast introduced for the enthusiasts, boasts of a 1.2L turbo petrol engine that powers at 109 bhp and has a max torque of 170Nm.
- EXTERIOR - The Tigor 2019 has a Hatch design that gives it a unique look and stylish design. The Tigor is fitted with 15-inch dual toned alloy wheels, and dual chamber chrome finished projector headlamps, diamond-shaped front grille, and shark-fin antenna. The headlamps have a black surround design coupled with re-designed projector lamps. The ORVMs come with auto fold feature and are fitted with LED indicators.
- INTERIOR - The Tiago 2019 continues with the black and grey interiors and has the added beauty of titanium-colored faux leather seats. The driver’s seat is height adjustable, and there is an added roof liner. The rear seats have good head space, and the front seats offer a scooped design for spacious legroom. The boot has a large 419-liter space, and there are additional 24 smart spaces for convenience.
- SAFETY AND COMFORT - The Tigor is accentuated with a host of standard safety features like dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, advanced ABS with corner stability control and EBD, etc. The Tigor has a strong body structure reinforced with high steel strength steel that can absorb energy on impact. It has additional safety features like front seatbelt reminder and speed alert that empower you to drive safely.
The Tigor has a ConnectNEXT infotainment feature in all its variants with an immersive surround sound 8-speaker system. It has been revised with features like Android Auto, Apple Car Play, and Mirror Link.
Tata Tigor Insurance
Make the Tata Tigor experience more reliable and comfortable by purchasing a Royal Sundaram Car Insurance for your car.
It is imperative to buy insurance for very vehicle for it to ply on Indian roads. Royal Sundaram makes the process of buying insurance for your car a hassle-free experience. Royal Sundaram Car Insurance provides one of the best and trustworthy insurances policies for your car. Its comprehensive coverage insures your car against theft, loss, damage, and any financial liabilities caused by damage to any third-party vehicle.
The extensive cover of Royal Sundaram Car Insurance includes –
- Personal Accident Cover for owner, comprehensive cover for all occupants, and a cover for a paid driver (if any).
- Free emergency fuel delivery
- Free roadside assistance during emergencies 24*7
Car Insurance for Tata Variants
- Aria Pleasure Insurance
- Bolt Insurance
- Movus Insurance
- Nano LX Insurance
- Safari Storme LX Insurance
- Zest Insurance
- Hexa Insurance
- Indica V2 LX Insurance
- Indigo eCS Insurance
- Nano CX Insurance
- Safari 2.2 VTT Dicor EX 4X2 Insurance
- Bolt XMS Insurance
- Indica eV2 GLS eMAX Insurance
- Indigo eCS LX Insurance
- Movus Lx 8 Str Insurance
- Nano GenX XTA Insurance
- Venture GX 8 STR Insurance
- Vista TDi Insurance
- Zest XTA Insurance
- Tigor Insurance
Tata Tigor RTO Registration
The Regional Transport Office regulates all the registration of vehicles in its district. The Motor Vehicles Act of 198 makes it imperative for every vehicle owner to get their car registered at the district level agencies called the RTO.
Here are the documents required to register a vehicle:
- Application form for registration of the vehicle
- Original Invoice of the vehicle
- Photographs of Passport size
- Address and age proof
- Photographs of Passport size
- Sales certificate of the vehicle
- Roadworthiness certificate
- A Temporary Registration Number
The RTO also charges a pre-determined fee for the service. You will need to provide the original documents along with their photocopies to get the vehicle registered.
Alternate Brands in India
As Tigor is the most affordable sedan in the segment, it rivals the likes of -
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno – 5.68 – 9 lakh
- Maruti Dzire – 5.70 – 10 lakh
- Honda Amaze – 5.86 – 9.59 lakh
- Hyundai Xcent – 5.75 – 8.78
Royal Sundaram assumes no responsibility on the correctness of the information related to the vehicle and advise the customers to verify the details from the sources/websites of the respective OEMs.