Product Benefits-Key Highlights
Benefits offered, their sub-limits and deductibles
Product Benefit Table
|S.No.||Benefits (in USD)||Deductible|
|Sum Insured (in USD)||50000|
|1||Medical Expenses (including medical evacuation)1 #||50000||100|
|2||Sickness Dental Relief||500||100|
|3||Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit (24 hrs)||10,000||Nil|
|4||Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit (Common Carrier)||5,000||Nil|
|5||Repatriation of Mortal Remains||5000||Nil|
|6||Delay of Checked-in Baggage2||100||6hrs|
|7||Loss of Checked-in Baggage (Per Baggage maximum 50 % and per item in the baggage 10 %)||500||Nil|
|8||Loss of Passport||250||USD25|
|10||Trip Delay Benefit||USD 30 per 12 hrs to max USD180||after 6 hrs|
|11||Hijacking Benefit||USD100/day for max 6 days||after 12 hrs|
|12||Emergency Cash Advance3 (Cash Advance Would include delivery charges)||500||Nil|
All benefit limits are in USD unless specified
- PED condition is not covered. Coverage for PED is applicable only in case of Life Threatening condition up to a max of USD2000.
- In case of one bag is 100 % and in case of two or more bags Per Baggage is max 50% and per item in the baggage is max 10%
- Includes delivery and service charges
# For Insured persons between the ages of 61 years to 70 years following Sub Limits shall apply in respect of Medical Expenses (including medical evacuation). All other benefits will be applicable as mentioned under Product benefit table above.
**Includes cost of transportation to hospital and paramedic services.*Includes OT charges, Surgeon Fee and implant charges.
Hospital room & Board & Hospital Miscellaneous
USD1500/day upto 30 days
Intensive Care Unit
|USD2500/day upto 7 days|
|Surgical Treatment*||Max USD10,000|
|Anesthetist Services||Max upto 25% of Surgical Treatment|
|Physician's Visit||Max USD75/day upto 10 visits|
|Diagnostic & Pre-admission testing||Max upto USD500|
|Ambulance Services**||Max upto USD400|
Details of all benefits have been provided below:
1. Medical Expenses (including Medical Evacuation)
Following conditions are covered on actual expenses incurred subject to the limits specified in the policy schedule under this section:
- OPD, Hospitalisation Expenses, Medical Practitioner’s charges, local emergency medical transportation and medical services for any illness or injury sustained while abroad.
- Medical Evacuation to another better nearby location or to India subject to obtaining prior approval from our end. The medical evacuation shall be as a result of Accidental Bodily Injury and/or Sickness and/or Disease occurring or having first manifested itself during an Insured Journey. It will not cover rescue operations in case of natural calamities/riots when there is no emergency due to accident/sickness. This benefit is available as cashless benefit and not on reimbursement basis.
- Any expenses due to Pre Existing Diseases will not be covered. Only in case of Life Threatening emergency, the expenses incurred abroad will be covered up to a max of USD2000.
2. Sickness Dental Relief
The company will cover actual expenses incurred resulting from sickness sustained to Sound Natural Teeth during a Trip abroad subject to the limits specified in the schedule under this section.Back to top
3. Accidental Death & Dismemberment (24 hours)
In case of death or disability arising out of and consequent (within 12 months) upon an injury sustained during the trip, the policy will pay the limits specified in the schedule under this section as per the benefit table mentioned below.
2. Permanent Total Disablement
Total and irrevocable loss of
(i) Both Hands or both feet
(ii) sight of both eyes
(iii) one entire hand and one entire foot
(iv) Loss of either hand or foot and sight of one eye
(v) Speech and hearing in both ears
(vi) Either hand or foot
(vii) Sight of One eye
(ix) Hearing in both ears
(x) Thumb and index finger of the same hand
In any case, the maximum liability of the company in the event of a claim shall not exceed 100% of the sum insured provided under this section.Back to top
4. Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Common carrier)
The policy will pay the sum insured specified in the schedule in addition to the sum insured specified under the personal accident section if the insured sustains Accidental Bodily Injury during the course of his overseas journey while travelling in a common carrier such as rail, bus, tram or aircraft and such bodily injury is the sole and direct cause of the Insured’s death or Permanent Total Disablement and which was sustained within 12 months from the date of the accident.Back to top
5. Repatriation of Mortal Remains
In the event of the death of the Insured Person during the Trip due to illness/ injuries, which are insured events in terms of this Policy, the Company shall compensate for the transportation expenses reasonably incurred to return the mortal remains of the Insured Person to the place of residence in the Republic of India or the expenses for local burial or cremation in the country where the death occurred, subject to the limits specified in the schedule under this section.Back to top
6. Delay of Checked-in Baggage
The Company will reimburse up to the limits specified under this section in the policy schedule for necessary emergency purchase of essential clothes, toiletries and essential medicines in the event that the Insured Person suffers a delay of more than 6 hours from the Scheduled Arrival time at the destination for delivery of Baggage that has been checked by a Common Carrier for an international outbound flight from the Republic of India. This benefit is only payable on outward journey from India and not on return journey to India. Amount payable will be only in excess of any amount paid or payable by the carrier responsible for the delay/loss. This benefit shall be payable only once during the policy period irrespective of the number of intermittent trips undertaken by the insured.Back to top
7. Loss of Checked-in Baggage
The Company will reimburse up to the limits specified in the Schedule of the policy in the event of the Insured Person suffering Total Loss of entire piece of Checked in Baggage which is under the care control and custody of the Common Carrier, while the Insured Person is a ticketed passenger on the Common Carrier during the course of the Insured Period. Any amount payable will be in excess of any amount paid or payable by the Carrier responsible for the loss and/or in excess of all other valid and collectible insurance. The maximum amount reimbursable per bag is 50% of the Sum Insured and the maximum value per article contained in any bag is 10% the Sum Insured.Back to top
8. Loss of Passport
In the event that the Passport, Visa belonging to the Insured Person is lost, the Company will reimburse up to the limit mentioned in the Schedule to cover only the direct expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred in connection with obtaining emergency travel documents in lieu of passport /visa or duplicate or new passport. Any loss should be reported to local Police within 24 hours.Back to top
9. Personal Liability
In the event of the Insured Person becoming legally liable to a Third Party (under statutory liability provisions or in common law for an incident which results in death, injury of such third party or damage to his/ her properties), the company will compensate the Insured person up to the limit specified, provided the incident occurs during the Period of Insurance and whilst on a Trip abroad and provided that the claim is reported to the Company immediately.Back to top
10. Trip Delay
The Company will pay a lump sum subject to the limits specified in the policy schedule under this section, if the Insured Person’s Common Carrier commencement is delayed for more than 6 continuous hours due to any Covered Occurrence. This section provides coverage both for inbound and outbound journey out of India. This benefit shall be payable only once during the period specified in the policy schedule.
Covered occurrence shall mean the following:
ii. Lighting, Storm, Tempest, Typhoon, Hurricane, Inundation, Subsidence
iii. Landslide and rockslide
v. Floods resulting from unseasonal rains, storm or cyclone.
viii. Volcano Eruption
provided that, the named perils hereinabove shall take place at and in the vicinity of any port involved in the Trip; and Cancellation or rescheduling of flights done at the instance of the Common Carrier that causes delay.Back to top
11. Hijacking Benefit
A lump sum amount is payable subject to the limits as specified in schedule for each 24 hours in captivity in the event of any Common Carrier, in which the Insured Person is traveling being hijacked on the trip abroad and held captive for more than 12 continuous hours.Back to top
12. Emergency Cash Advance
The company will provide an assistance service when the insured person requires emergency cash following incidents like theft/burglary of luggage/money or hold up whilst on a trip covered under policy. The service provider will coordinate with the insured person’s family members in his country of residence to provide emergency cash advance to the insured person as per his requirement up to the limit specified (including service and delivery charges) in the policy schedule under this section.Back to top
13. Trip Cancellation
The Company will reimburse the unused and non-refundable portion of the pre-paid lodging cost and/or the ticket cancellation charges (up to the maximum amount specified in the schedule) if the Trip is cancelled and the Insured Person is unable to undertake the Trip due to:
i. death or serious injury or sudden sickness requiring minimum 3 days of hospitalization within 5 days before the date of departure specified in the policy schedule of (a) of the Insured Person or (b) Traveling Companion or (c) immediate Family member of the Insured Person.
ii. Covered occurrence (same list as shared under point no9) provided they take place at and in the vicinity of any port involved in the Insured's Trip.
Amount payable under this section will be only in excess of any amount paid or payable if any by the Hotel/Airlines. The booking should have been made in advance prior to the cancellation.Back to top
14. Compassionate Visit
The company shall subject to the limits specified under this section, when insured person is hospitalized on account of an illness/accident for a period exceeding 5 days and as opined and recommended by the attending Medical Practitioner requires special assistance from an immediate family member, shall reimburse the cost of the economy class flight ticket incurred by the immediate family member rendering such special assistance from and to the place of residence/origin of such person together with accommodation expenses not exceeding 200 USD/day. This benefit shall be payable only once during the policy period.Back to top
15. Assistance Services
The Company shall provide assistance services such as Overview of country, Weather, Currency Exchange Rates, Vaccinations etc.Back to top
The Company shall not be liable to make any payments in respect of:
1. Any claim relating to events occurring before the commencement of the cover or otherwise outside of the Period of Insurance.
2. Any claim in respect of Pre-existing conditions (excepting in case of life threatening situations up to a maximum of USD2000).
3. Any claim arising out of illnesses or Accidents that the Insured Person has caused intentionally or by committing a crime or as a result of drunkenness or addiction (drugs, alcohol).
4. Any claim arising out of mental disorder, suicide or attempted suicide self-inflicted injuries.
5. Any claim arising from the Insured Person engaging in Air Travel unless he/she flies as a fare paying passenger on an aircraft properly licensed to carry passengers. For the purpose of this exclusion Air Travel means being in or on or boarding an aircraft for the purpose of flying therein or alighting there from following a flight.
6. Any claim for any losses in whole or in part and/expenses directly or indirectly in respect of the Insured Person riding on a motor cycle or any other two-wheeled and two-wheeled motorized mode of conveyance as driver unless at the time of the Accident the insured is in possession of a currently valid full international driving licence and while riding a two wheeler is wearing a safety crash helmet and following rules applicable in the country of visit.
7. Illness and Accidents that are results of war and warlike occurrence or invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power, seizure, capture, arrest, restraints, detainments of all kings princes and people of whatever nation condition or quality whatsoever.
8. Any claim up to the Excess as shown in the Policy Schedule.
9. Any claim for participation in Hazardous Sports/Hazardous Activities
10. Any claim arising out of sporting activities in so far as they involve in training or participation in competitions of professional or semi- professional sports persons