Burundi Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Burundi Travel Insurance
This tiny nation in east-central Africa, situated south of the Equator, boasts as the southernmost source of the famous river Nile. The landlocked Burundi shares its border with the Democratic Republic of Congo (west), the United Republic of Tanzania (southeast), and the Republic of Rwanda (north). Bujumbura, the capital city situated near the banks of Tanganyika Lake, is still home to structures that remind one of its Belgian and German colonial past.
The cultural capital of Burundi is Gitega, a city close to the Nile river source and Chutes de la Kagera waterfall and is home to the national museum. While Burundi has suffered many tragic conflicts in its past, this tiny nation is gifted with unique landscape, lush forests, diverse flora and fauna, vibrant and ancient culture, historical monuments, and an opportunity to explore plenty of leisure activities. Centrally situated, Burundi offers convenient access to some of Africa's prominent attractions, including Zanzibar’s beaches, Rwanda's National Park, Tanzania's National Park in Serengeti, and Congo’s volcanoes in Kahuzi Biega. Burundi is also home to Africa’s deepest lake, the Great Lake of Tanganyika. The northwestern cloud forest is a home to African primates. Bird watchers will find Rusizi Delta a quiet delight. Among Burundi’s unique landscape are deep gorges with waterfalls, pristine caves, hot springs, and stunning rock formations. While Kibira and Ruvubu National Parks should be a must-see, you can easily visit Ruzizi Natural Preserve from Bujumbura if you are short of time. Visit the southernmost source of the Nile, symbolized by a pyramid at the top of the mount Gikizi.
Getting travel insurance for Burundi will mean you will focus on having fun there. Now you don’t have to worry about worst consequences of several possible risks. To know some of the exclusive features of Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Burundi, simply log on to our website and read our exhaustive travel shield features.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Burundi from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Burundi
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Burundi
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Burundi - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Burundi travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident