Djibouti Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Djibouti Travel Insurance
Djibouti sits on the Horn of Africa, a meeting point of the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea. A small nation with a diverse landscape, it is a land of mostly dry climate, Red Sea beaches, and volcanic formations. Its geography ranges from northern mountains to western and southern plateaus or deserts. Mount Moussa is Djibouti’s highest peak while Lake Assal remains its lowest point. While it was earlier also known as French Somaliland, Djibouti became an independent nation in 1977. Djibouti shares its border with Somalia (south), Ethiopia (west and southwest), and Eritrea (north). Its capital is Djibouti City and Arabic and French are the official languages here.
Take a tour of Lake Assal which is not just Djibouti's but the African continent’s lowest point. Situated about 155 meters below sea level, Lake Assal is considered the saltiest water body of our planet. In fact, it is about 35 percent more saline as compared to the Dead Sea. Its surrounding salty flatland depicts magnificent desolation. Make sure you carry enough water as the climate becomes extremely hot at Lake Assal. Take some memorable diving experience near the islands of Moucha and Maskali. A short boat ride away from the Djibouti town, make sure you have a guide as the waters here are home to manta rays and sharks. Khor Ambado is an idyllic beach known for its white sandy stretches. It is also a popular snorkeling spot. The reef here is full of diverse marine life. Indian citizens can obtain tourist visas upon arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. For further information, contact your nearest Embassy of Djibouti.
Without worrying about several possible risks of traveling abroad, you can have an even more memorable time here after getting travel insurance for Djibouti. Buy your Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Djibouti today!
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Djibouti from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Djibouti
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Djibouti
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Djibouti - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Djibouti travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident