French Guiana Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
French Guiana Travel Insurance
With a finger on a map, if you are hoping to find this tiny country somewhere around France, you will have to move your finger way down—all the way to the South American continent. That’s right! French Guiana, a little land of immense biodiversity, is the only French-governed territory in the northwest part of South America, between Brazil and Suriname. Guyane—as the French like to call it—is a heaven for nature lovers. Among its main rainforests is the Trésor Nature Reserve, preserving an astoundingly rich wildlife here. The Kaw Nature Reserve, a thickly forested and swampy zone, is another place that offers a glimpse of the caiman and the dazzling scarlet ibis bird.
You will find most of the population in the main towns of Saint-Laurent, Kourou, and the capital Cayenne. Kourou, because of its proximity to the equator, houses the Centre Spatial Guyanais, the French space rocket launch facility. A visit to this space center and the Kourou Space Museum is a must. The many still unexplored territories of French Guyana are a unique mix of exotic cultures, from various traditional groups like the Hmong, Maroons, and Amerindians, to Diasporas from Africa, Martinique, and Asia. Don’t miss a chance to share in their traditional way of life. The carnival of French Guiana, a large-scale, vibrant event with parties, festivals, and street parades, spans several months.
To apply for a tourist visa, visit the nearest Embassy of French Guiana. Apart from its Embassy in New Delhi, there are consulates in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Pondicherry.
Besides, it is wise to get travel insurance for your French Guiana trip. Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for French Guiana shields you against numerous hassles related to baggage loss, passport loss and expenses related to medical emergencies.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for French Guiana from Royal Sundaram
- Health and Mmedical Expenses Cover protection
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Daily hospital allowances in case of hospitalization
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Reimbursement available due to trip delays
- Option of insuring home/residence
Benefits of Travel Insurance in French Guiana
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in French Guiana
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance French Guiana - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for travel insurance claim in French Guiana:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident