Guinea-Bissau Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Guinea-Bissau Travel Insurance
Once dominated by the Gabu and Mali kingdoms, the Republic of Guinea-Bissau is a small West African coastal nation. Situated to the south of Senegal, this nation is witnessing a renewed interest in its tourism after long periods of instability. Apart from a number of local languages, conversations here are dominated by Portuguese, Creole, and a bit of French. Guinea-Bissau’s towns will reflect its volatile past — bruised buildings and decaying structures pop up now and then. Yet, this little nation is rich in wildlife, beaches, West African traditions, and colonial heritage. Strolling through its towns, you will come across remnants of its Portuguese colonial era. But, move deeper inside Guinea-Bissau and you will experience a dusty, dry, and grassy landscape.
This nation, however, is also home to Africa's only archipelago, the Bijagos. This archipelago is a biosphere reserve, apart from two other island groups which are also designated national parks. Take a boat ride to the Bijagós and discover these islands while they appear in complete contrast to the mainland. Apart from home to Guinea-Bissau’s natives, these islands also harbor wildlife forms such as manatees, sharks, turtles, and a rare variety of salt-water hippopotamus. Ilha de Orango is part of the Orango Islands National Park. Besides turtle-nesting sites, you will observe a variety of birds around its palm and mangrove vegetation. The elegant façade of the former Presidential Palace is an attraction on the mainland. Even today, Guinea-Bissau remains mostly undiscovered as compared to other popular African destinations.
Getting travel insurance for Guinea-Bissau will mean you will focus on having fun there with your family and friends rather than worry about worst consequences of countless possible risks. To know some of the exclusive features of Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Guinea-Bissau, simply log on to our website and read our exhaustive travel shield features.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Guinea-Bissau from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Guinea-Bissau
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Guinea-Bissau
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Guinea-Bissau - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Guinea-Bissau travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident