Haiti Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Haiti Travel Insurance
Once a French colony, Haiti is a Caribbean nation with the Dominican Republic as its eastern neighbor. The influence of colonial rule and slavery is visible in every sphere of life here. While an earthquake in 2010 severely affected this region, most of Haiti’s old landmarks are still remarkably intact. The nation’s tourism is gradually claiming back its lost sheen. Those looking for some sunshine and relaxing time can head to Haiti’s coastal areas where beautiful palm-lined stretches of sand await. Nature lovers can take a hike across La Visite National Park. You will come across locals carrying batches of fresh produce to the markets. On a clear day, this park offers wonderful views.
Bassins Bleu is another scenic destination. These are cobalt-blue water pools with striking cascades. The history buffs will relish their time at La Citadelle la Ferrière, an early 19th-century fortress, and for Haitians it is no less than the eighth wonder of the world. Built on top of a 900-meter summit, this Citadelle offers a brilliant view from every direction.
The imposing fortress still seems impenetrable with thick and high walls, drawbridges, and blind corners. You can spend hours roaming its gallery of cannons, the central courtyard, and secret passageways. Port-au-Prince, the capital of Haiti, remains a bustling hub for most tourists with its many exquisite cafes, restaurants, and places of art. On the south of this capital city is Kenscoff, a major market town in the mountains.
A journey overseas can be expensive, hectic, or sometimes plainly go wrong. Before rushing to this Caribbean nation, ensure you have travel insurance for Haiti. You will need a travel insurance plan that can cover a range of options, from emergency medical assistance to baggage loss to personal liability. Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Haiti covers these and many more circumstances.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Haiti from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Haiti
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Haiti
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Haiti - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Haiti travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident