Italy Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Along with Greece, Italy is widely considered to be the birthplace of Western culture and as such has the privilege of being home to the maximum number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Few countries have as many sites of cultural and aesthetic beauty as does Italy—from world-renowned culture centres such as the Uffizi Museum in Florence and Brera art gallery in Milan to historical landmarks such as St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome and ancient Roman ruins in the south of Sicily, Rome has something for everyone to appreciate. Lovingly referred to by its citizens as Bel Paese (beautiful country), the beauty of Italy is embodied in its breath-taking scenic countryside and fine-looking kind-hearted people. A trip to the country is incomplete without a visit to the famous cities of Rome, Florence, and Venice. The delicious Italian cuisine is world famous and first-time visitors will have a gastronomically delightful experience on tasting some classical authentic margarita pizza nothing like the popular American variant made famous by various fast food chains as well as other classic dishes like Lasagne and spaghetti.
Consider choosing Royal Sundaram for all your travel insurance policy needs. Our expertly designed policies allow you to let go of all your worries, and enjoy your entire trip and stay to its fullest, without having to worry about problems like passport loss, baggage loss, or even grave matters like medical expenses in case of emergencies.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Argentina from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Italy
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Italy
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Italy - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Italy travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things To Know about Italy
Here’s a list of things to do in Italy –
- Go on a boat tour at the popular Lake Como. Known for its authentic Italian food, this destination is frequently visited by fashionistas and attracts many tourists from around the world.
- The floating city of Venice boasts of stunning cathedrals, ancient museums, art galleries, and magnificent castles. There’s a certain charm to Venice that mesmerizes everyone.
- Witness the beautiful sunset view at Cinque Terre, one of the prettiest places to visit in Italy.
- Another worth-visiting place is the ‘City of Love’, Rome. Dotted with a lot of museums, theatres, and art galleries, Rome is a perfect amalgamation of rich culture and historical past.
- Showcasing centuries-old masterpieces, a tour to Vatican Museum is also one of the top things to do in Italy.
The best time to visit Italy is during spring season i.e., April to May and fall i.e., September to October when there is ideal weather and moderate crowd. Spring and autumn are considered as the best months to go to Italy. The summers months of the country are typically very hot, crowded, and expensive and thus, they should be avoided.
Knowing the location of the Indian Embassy/Consulate of any country that you are planning to visit will be very useful for you. Here’s the Indian Embassy/Consulate location in Italy –
Embassy of India, Rome, Italy
Via XX Settembre, 5
Telephone: 0039 064884642-3-4-5
Fax: 0039 064819539
For Italy, you need to obtain two types of visas i.e., Schengen Visa and Italian Visa. For Schengen Visa, it is mandatory to produce the copy of your travel insurance policy. For those applying for non-immigrant visa or traveling visa are required to submit their applications at the Embassy counter along with their documents. Here are some of them –
- Passport/visa size photographs
- Copy of the first and last page of your passport
- Dully filled application form
- Return flight ticket
Travel Plans Available