Kenya Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Kenya Travel Insurance
Known to be one of Africa’s fastest developing countries, the nation of Kenya is home to some of the best game reserves in the continent where one can catch a glimpse of Africa’s finest flora and fauna. First-timers should surely check out a game drive in the Nairobi National Park and sight some exotic big cats such as lions and leopards, buffaloes, a variety of antelope species, baboons, monkeys, just to mention a few. Another must-see attraction is the annual wildebeest migration—from Maasai Mara to the Serengeti—best experienced in a balloon safari. The massive surge in the popularity of this event has led to bookings being made months in advance for the event, which takes place during August and September. Travellers looking for memorable souvenirs should look for some Kisii stone (soap stone) carvings, Mkonde wood carvings, Maasai jewellery, and Lamu chairs and batiks. Kenyan baskets made from sisal and leather are also popular. Food lovers will be happy to know that Nairobi has some of the finest eating establishments in Africa serving a host of cuisines.
Royal Sundaram offers Travel Insurance Plans that are aptly designed to secure you from untoward incidences on both your journey and subsequent stay. We provide customers with affordable plans that offer cover from inconveniences such as baggage delay, loss of baggage, flight delays and loss of travel documents, as well as unfortunate incidences that would require medical expenses.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Kenya from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Kenya
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Kenya
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Kenya - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Kenya travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident