Portugal Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Portugal Travel Insurance
History recalls it as the powerful, soaring kingdom that once dominated the merchant routes to South America, Africa, and the Orient. Today, however, Portugal is simply one of the most beautiful, friendliest countries, with an amazing laidback attitude and a coastline that leaves all jaws dropped.
The natural beauty of this state is by itself enough for any tourist to have a great time. You can go hiking along the granite peaks of Parque Nacional da Peneda-Gerês and also find dolphin-watching activities in the splendid Sado Estuary. There are also the options of indulging in kayaking and boating along Rio Guadiana. If you simply want to rest, the beautiful golden sand is always waiting for you.
Continue with the capital city, Lisbon, which is as popular for its gorgeous Manueline monuments and medieval architecture, as it is for its magnificent clubbing scene. Don’t forget Porto, another city of Portugal that has been named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. History buffs can find more such delights in a small town called Tomar, as well as Batalha among other places.
The Embassy of Portugal is situated in New Delhi. A visa for Portugal may be applied by Indian nationals who have permanent residence in the area of jurisdiction of the Embassy, which includes all states of the Republic of India, except the States of Maharashtra and Goa, and the Union Territories of Daman and Diu, and of Dadra and Nagar Haveli. The residents of these States and Union Territories will have to apply to the Consulate-General in Goa.
Make the most of your holiday with Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance for Portugal. Find the most suitable travel insurance for Portugal here, to help you be prepared for all untoward incidents on your trip.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Portugal from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Portugal
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Portugal
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Portugal - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Portugal travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident