South Africa Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
For a country of its size, South Africa has an extremely diverse culture with people that come from a variety of races and castes and has over 11 official languages. The country has been extremely influential in world politics and is known world over for being one of the largest exporters of gold. A curious blend of the extremely affluent and unfortunately underdeveloped, South Africa is still slowly recovering from its wounds of apartheid. However, the excellent administration and its warm-hearted people have helped improve living conditions to a great extent, which in turn has significantly boosted tourism. The country’s extensive wildlife makes for excellent excursions to natural reserves such as those at Rustenburg. Visitors looking for an adrenaline should book a rafting tour on the Orange River located on the border to Namibia. An opportunity to taste a bottle of vintage pinotage produced by the oldest wine industry outside Europe should not be missed. For the first-time traveller, a trip to the famous Robben Island—a UNESCO World Heritage Site and famous for being used as a prison by the Portuguese, British and Dutch—is highly recommended.
Consider choosing Royal Sundaram for all your travel insurance policy needs. Our expertly designed policies allow you to let go of all your worries, and enjoy your entire trip and stay to its fullest, without having to worry about problems like passport loss, baggage loss, or even grave matters like medical expenses in case of emergencies.
Benefits of Travel Insurance in South Africa
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in South Africa
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance South Africa - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for South Africa travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things To Know about South Africa
Here’s a list of things to do in South Africa –
- Laze around at the city’s popular beaches, including the most attractive of all, Cape Town beaches. The glistening sea water and white sands helps one experience the best of South Africa.
- Shop till you drop at the city’s popular shopping places like Cape Quarter Lifestyle Village, Canal Walk, and Sandton City South Africa. You can buy several unique objects from here such as well-crafted leather shoes, stylish hats or one of the iconic wooden bags.
- Treat your taste buds with traditional South African food full of robust and wholesome taste at the city’s popular restaurants.
- There’s no dearth of adventure activities in South Africa. Adventure lovers can indulge in recreational activities like skiing, bungee jumping, hiking, etc.
- Experience the buzzing nightlife in several South African cities such as Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth, and Cape Town that are dotted with exquisite bars and clubs.
Though South Africa is a year-round destination, many tourists prefer to visit the country during the summer months i.e., starting from December to March.
It will be very useful for you to know the location of the Indian Embassy/Consulate of any country that you are planning to visit. Here’s the Indian Embassy/Consulate location in South Africa –
High Commission of India, Pretoria, South Africa
852, Francis Baard Street, Arcadia 0083, Pretoria, South Africa
Telephone: (012) 3425392-5 Fax: (012) 3425310
To apply for a South African visa, you need to visit the visa application centre near you. South Africa is one of those countries that insists on the applicant to visit the visa application centre in person. Besides, here’s a list of documents that you need to submit while applying for a non-immigrant or traveling visa –
- Passport/visa size photographs
- Copy of the first and last page of your passport
- Dully filled application form
- Return flight ticket
Travel Plans Available