Thailand Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Officially known as the Kingdom of Thailand, the country is famed for its beautiful beaches, rambunctious night life, exotic and unusual cuisine, and fascinating culture. Thailand is a major hub for tourism and plays host to over 16 million travellers worldwide on an annual basis. A perfect blend of Western culture and Eastern traditions, the country is considered almost a fail-safe option for travellers looking to relax on an extended vacation. Tourists looking for a shopping spree should head to the capital city Bangkok to experience a mind-boggling range of shopping locations, with over 20 different shopping malls and departmental stores, not to mention the numerous road-side hawker stores.
Pattaya is where you should be heading for the taste of Thailand’s extravagant party life, personified by the hundreds of hotels, restaurants and bars in this location alone. For the more pristine beaches, the islands of Ko Samet and the Ko Chang archipelago, with their squeaky white sand and shorefront bungalows, are the favoured options for tourists. Closer to the capital, the Khao Yai National Park is a perfect exhibition for the diversity of Thailand’s flora—from wild orchids to strangling figs—and fauna—from the deadly blood python to elephants to the magnificent Malayan tiger.
With the variety of travel insurance policies that Royal Sundaram has to offer, you can be completely relaxed as we provide perfect insurance that ensures you remain tension free while also properly covering you for your entire trip. Our detailed polices offer cover from a variety of inconveniences including baggage delay, loss of baggage, flight delays and loss of travel documents, as well as unfortunate incidences that would require medical expenses.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Thailand from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Thailand
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Thailand
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Thailand - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Thailand travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things To Know about Thailand
- Seek blessings at the Emerald Buddha Temple, situated right next to Grand Palace. Featuring Euro-Thai architecture, the temple is visited by both local and tourists alike.
- When in Thailand, treat your taste buds with authentic Thai dishes that are a perfect blend of sweet, sour, and bitter flavours. There are numerous restaurants where you can enjoy delectable Thai specialities.
- Shop your heart out at the popular MBK Shopping Mall. Here you can shop for handicrafts, Thai silk, clothes, shoes, jewellery, and accessories.
- Get pampered from head to toe at Spas like Kamalya Wellness Sanctuary, offering a wide array of massage options to choose from.
- Don’t miss exploring the popular floating market, one of the top tourist attractions in Thailand. The best thing about the market is the food served from the long, thin boats.
The best time to visit Thailand is the winter season i.e., November till early April when the environment is cool and pleasant and one can enjoy all the activities such as sightseeing, water sports, Thai massages, adventure activities, and much more. This is basically the peak season for tourism in Thailand.
It will be very helpful for you to know the Indian Embassy/Consulate of any country that you are planning to visit. This information helps during passport loss/theft or any other mishap that might happen in the foreign land. Here’s the Indian Embassy/Consulate location in Thailand –
Embassy of India, Bangkok, Thailand
Embassy of India,46, Prasarnmitr, Sukhumvit, Soi 23, Bangkok - 10110
Fax: 02-2584627 / 2621740
In order to qualify for a visa to Thailand, applicants need to follow the application process, which requires complete submission of necessary documents. Based on these documents and other factors, a visa can be approved or rejected. Here’s a list of documents for Thailand visa application –
- 2 recent passport size photographs
- Valid passport – 6 months
- Copy of duly filled visa application form
- Confirmed roundtrip flight tickets
- Hotel proof/accommodation reservation in Thailand
Travel Plans Available