Travel Insurance for Cook Islands from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Cook Islands Travel Insurance
12. Cook Islands The Cook Islands comprise 15 little islands and atolls, located about midway between Hawaii and New Zealand. The capital is Avarua on the Rarotonga Island. A perfect destination to escape today’s modern life, Cook Islands is the very spot where your quest for paradise will finally be fulfilled. The island nation offers a millennium old Polynesian culture to go along with South Pacific’s most remarkable scenery. These islands promise pure and cool climate, blue lagoons, and untouched surroundings.
The idyllic setting with its own slow pace of living will make it hard for you to leave this place.Rarotonga is the center of activity in the Cook Islands. The youngest island among the whole group, Rarotonga’s landscape is made up of powdery white beaches, thick jungles, and jutting mountain peaks. Muri Beach is a famous sandy stretch among locals. Its shallow water harbors coral formation and marine life such as sea cucumbers. Muri Beach also gives access to four little islets; Motutapu, Oneroa, Koromiri, and Taakoka (a volcanic islet). Head out to Aitutaki Lagoon to experience some of the best marine life around. It is surrounded by 15 palm-covered islets. It gives an opportunity for snorkeling or diving among corals and wreck of an old freighter. Anatakitaki is a thrilling cave on Atiu Island. Surrounded by dense jungle and banyan roots, there are a number of chambers within this cave. Opt for a four-hour cross-island hike to pass by some of the region’s most beautiful scenery. Cook Islands tourist visa is not required for Indian citizens for a stay up to 31 days. Cook Islands Embassy or Consulate is located in New Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai.
Buy travel insurance for Cook Islands and make sure you enjoy your holiday without worrying about possible risks of traveling abroad. Buy Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Cook Islands to safeguard yourself and your loved ones. Visit our website to know more and buy it online.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Cook Islands from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Cook Islands
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Cook Islands
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Cook Islands - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Cook Islands travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
- The Cook Islands are a group of 15 tiny islands located in an area of 2 million sq.km. around the pacific. They are exceptionally beautiful with crystal clear waters and golden sand.
- The Cook Islands are located between the centre of New Zealand and Hawaii and are named after the famous navigator, James Cook.
- The Cook Islands are celebrated for their phenomenal coral lagoons, indescribable beaches and tropical jungles.
- They are a splendid choice for those looking for an arcadia with clean blue waters, fresh beachy breeze and a celebration called life, flourishing with Polynesian culture.
- Start your day with a heart-to-heart interaction with the marine life at the Cook Islands by diving deep into the clear blue seas.
- Go snorkelling in the turquoise waters of Aitutaki and be a guest to the most vibrant culture across the Pacific coastline.
- Bring your adventurous spirits up with SUP (Stand Up Paddling) and Sea Scootering activities at the Rarotonga island.
- Spend a lifetime in a day with the lagoon cruises that have so much to offer right from snorkelling to relishing a finger-licking good barbeque lunch.
- Hike through the lush greens of Rarotonga island and explore what the lands have to offer.
- Cycling is another famous sport across the island, unfolding the story the Cook Islands embrace.
Some other places to visit
- Muri Lagoon
- Vai Nauri at Mitiaro
- The Cook Islands Christian Church, Avarua
- Anatakitaki Caves, Atiu
- Rangimotia, Mangaia
Although remotely located, the islands are quite safe, but nobody can predict nature. Hence, it is always better to ensure your safety by opting for a travel insurance policy.
Especially for Indian tourists, buying travel insurance from India can be highly beneficial with a reduced travel insurance cost.
The Cook Islands are some of the few destinations in the world that remain tourist-friendly throughout the year. The temperature remains between 22-30 degrees with variations in summer and winter months.
Since the Cook Islands have so much adventure to offer, a travel insurance policy can prove to be a saviour in needy times. Taking travel insurance from India will help you in case of medical emergencies, baggage loss, accidents, trip cancellations, advance cash, loss of passport etc.
While travelling to a foreign country, it is always good to have a travel insurance policy and some contacts handy. There is no Indian embassy at the Cook Islands, but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration can be quite helpful.
Address: MFAI, 2nd floor, Takuvaine Rd, The Cook Islands
Contact Number: 08301822141, +682 29347
Mail id: email@example.com
Indian Passport holders do not require a tourist visa to visit The Cook Islands for up to 31 days. However, it is always suggested to carry some identification documents while travelling abroad. These include:
- A valid Indian Passport with at least six months validity
- Return tickets
- A Cook Island-travel insurance is recommended