When planning for a trip, a travel insurance plan is certainly a must. This holds true especially for international travel. Miles away from your home country, there are different experiences that every traveller has. Apart from enjoying scenic views, this may also include misplacing your passport or even losing your baggage. With a travel insurance plan in hand, the insured is entitled to reimbursement in case of baggage loss.
This type of travel insurance coverage provides compensation for lost or stolen luggage as well as loss of any of your prized possessions while you are travelling. Although, it acts as a supplementary cover, which means the first responsibility to provide compensation will be of the Airline that loses your baggage or by the home owner’s insurance.
Read on to understand how a travel insurance plan helps in case of baggage loss:
• A travel insurance policy offers coverage up to the amount specified in your policy coverage in case of loss of entire checked in baggage.
• In case of delay in the checked in baggage, you will get a compensation for the purchase of emergency necessities such as clothes and toiletries.
• Loss of important documents such as passport and Visa is also reimbursed as per the terms and conditions in the policy agreement.
• The first responsibility to compensate will be of your airlines. The benefit by the insurance company is paid in excess of the amount paid by the carrier.
• Compensation for delayed baggage is provided only if the policyholder suffers the delay of more than 12 hours of the arrival time at the destination.
• Ensure that you report the loss of passport or other important documents within 24 hours of becoming aware of the loss.
• Delay caused due to customs is not compensated by the insurance provider.
• Loss due to damage of the baggage is also not covered under the protection policy.
• No compensation is provided in case of non-compliance with the terms and conditions of the policy.