Accident Insurance Claim Procedure by Royal Sundaram
Personal Accident - Claim Procedure
If you need to make a claim under Personal Accident Insurance, here's a step-by-step guide:
1. Request a Claim Form
- To request for a claim form, call us at 1860 258 0000, 1860 425 0000. You can also send an email firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest, and not later than 30 days after the accident. Please quote the Policy Number for our reference. We will mail you the Claim Form within 2 working days or you can download the claim form from our website.
You can also notify your claim online. Once you notify the claim our claims team will contact you to explain the procedure.
2. Submitting the claim form
Please ensure that the documents are provided in English, or provide us with an English translation of the same. If required, we may appoint a Service Provider to verify the documents for a more efficient claim process.
You can mail the Claim Form and requisite documents to -
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited
Accident & Health Claims Department
Vishranthi Melaram Towers
No.2/319 , Rajiv Gandhi Salai(OMR)
Karapakkam,Chennai - 600097
If your claim is admissible, we will mail you a cheque. If for any reason, we are unable to clear your claim for reimbursement, we will send you a detailed repudiation letter.
All claims are processed as per the Terms and Conditions of your Policy.
Once you get the claim form on hand, please fill-in the form and send it to us, along with the following documents to support your claim:
Claims Procedure - Individual Personal Accident Policy (Accidental Death & Disablement only)
a. Permanent Total or Partial Disablement -
Submit the duly filled in Claim form with the following documents Disability Certificate issued by attending physician Accident report FIR/MLC copy Hospital Records News Paper cuttings if any and any other relevant records English Translation of vernacular documents Latest IT return to show Proof of annual income Any other document as may be required by the Company,
b. Temporary Total Disablement
All documents listed above along with -
- Leave Certificate issued by employer
- Salary Certificate - If required Royal Sundaram’s Medical Panel may examine the insured person to assess the disability.
Submit the duly filled in claim form with the following documents:
- Original Death Certificate
- Post Mortem Report
- Inquest report
- Accident report
- FIR/MLC copy
- Hospital records
- News Paper cuttings if any and any other relevant records Chemical Analysis Report if available English Translation of vernacular documents
- Latest IT return to show Proof of annual income
- Succession Order/legal heir certificate/legal documents to establish identification of legal heir in the absence of nomination under the policy. Any other document as may be required by the Company Accident Hospitalisation
- Claim Discharge summary
- Original Hospital Bills
- Advance and final receipts (All receipts shall be numbered,signed and stamped)
- Prescriptions for medicines Diagnostic
- Test Reports, X Ray, Scan, ECG and other films (including doctor’s advice demanding such tests)
- Cash memos/bills for medicines purchased from outside
- Education Grant School Identity Card or Certificate from the educational institution and Age-proof of the child in respect of whom this benefit is claimed.
Claim documents may be submitted to local Royal Sundaram Offices address of which can be obtained by calling our Toll Number 1860 425 0000