Whenever we are planning for a trip, we usually think about booking hotels, flights, bus tickets. Although, we miss out on a very important thing – travel insurance. Just like health insurance or any other policy, travel insurance is also important for the safety of your money and life.
Travel insurance is a type of insurance that offers you coverage from all potential emergencies that you may come through while traveling, either domestically or internationally. These emergencies include medical treatment, accidental death or injury, loss of luggage, ticket delays or trip cancellations, and other things. In simple terms, travel insurance plans helps you to tackle all medical and travel contingencies while traveling overseas. In fact, you can customize your travel plans as per the destinations and needs of the customer.
A Few Key Benefits –
Moreover, on the basis of your needs, you can choose your coverage and the type of plan you are looking for. Here’re the following types of travel insurance plans available online –
- Student Travel Insurance: A student travel insurance is a type of insurance policy that offers medical and financial support to the students traveling overseas for higher education. It covers medical expenses, treatment for medical and nervous disorders, study interruption, loss or delay in checked-in baggage, loss of passport, child care benefits, cancer screening, loss of passport, hijacking benefit, trip delay/cancellation benefit, missed departures/missed connections, etc. For children, minimum entry age is 12 years at the time of commencement of the policy and maximum entry age 40 years in case of adults.
- Multi-trip insurance: Multi-trip insurance is a type of customized annual plan that is designed especially for travelers who undertake multiple trips in a year. It covers medical expenses, loss of passport, daily cash allowance in case of hospitalization beyond two days, trip delay or cancellation, personal liability, loss or delay of checked-in baggage, compassionate visit, hijacking benefit, accidental death and dismemberment benefit, airline booking/bounced hotel, sickness dental relief, missed departures/missed connections, difference in air ticket prices due to early return or delayed return, etc. It’s a tailor made plan for members aged minimum 18 years and maximum 70 years.
- Leisure travel insurance: Leisure travel insurance is a comprehensive travel plan for a holiday overseas. It covers medical expenses, loss of passport, trip cancellation, trip curtailment, repatriation of mortal remains, loss or delay of checked-in baggage, accidental death and dismemberment benefit, emergency cash advance, personal liability benefit, assistant services, daily cash allowance in case of hospitalization beyond two days, airline booking/bounced hotel, hijacking benefit, home content insurance, compassionate visit, emergency hotel extension, political risk and catastrophe evacuation, difference in air prices due to delayed or early return, return of mirror, etc.
- Asia travel insurance: It’s an affordable plan designed especially for travel within Asia. It takes care of the uncertainties that you might encounter while traveling to Asian countries. It covers medical expenses, loss or delay of checked-in baggage, loss of passport, trip delay or cancellation, personal liability benefit, hijacking benefit, accidental death and dismemberment, personal liability benefit, etc. The minimum entry age for this plan is 18 years in case of adults and 91 days in case of children. Coverage under this plan is available on an individual basis not on family-floater basis.
- Senior-citizen travel insurance: This type of medical policy is aimed at senior citizens so as to make their travel a pleasant experience. Maximum entry age limit is 71 years in case of adults. It includes coverage for medical expenses, hijacking benefit, emergency cash advance, loss or delay of checked-in baggage, trip delay or cancellation benefit, loss of passport benefit, personal liability benefit, missed connections/missed departure, repatriation of mortal remains, sickness dental relief, political risk and catastrophe evacuation, assistant services, etc.
How to compare travel plans online?
It is very convenient to compare travel insurance policies online. Here’re a few things you need to keep in mind while comparing policies online –
- Assess your needs
- Research a little about your company’s background
- Understand which type of travel plan would be suitable for you
- Compare the benefits and features of all the plans using the above mentioned parameters.
- Figure out your perfect travel insurance plan
Why to select travel insurance plan online?
Travel insurance can be bought physically from an agent, but buying a travel insurance plan online is a lot easier and safe as compared to buying it from an agent. In fact, there are several web aggregators that assist you in selecting the best travel plan with the help of free quotes and comparison services. You can opt for Royal Sundaram that offers travel insurance plan at affordable costs.
Listed below are the benefits of choosing travel plans online –
- Assured safety and peace of mind
- It saves your money and time
- It helps you to compare travel plans easily
- Avoid confusion and choose the best plan that suits your needs
- Compare features and benefits of several plans side by side
- Buy hassle free and instantly
- It helps you to make an informed choice by getting quotes for travel insurance policies online
- 24*7 customer support
- It offers multiple secured payment options
- It provides transparency
With so many insurance companies online, buying a travel insurance becomes a bit complicated, thus Royal Sundaram makes it easy, simple, and convenient for you as it offers holistic travel insurance solutions to travelers so as to ensure safe and hassle-free journey. Have a happy globetrotting!
Other Related Articles