With the rising medical costs nowadays, the best possible way to secure you and your family is through a health insurance plan as there’s nothing more satisfying than paying a little price and getting peace of mind. Health insurance has become a necessity for every individual these days.
Moreover, convenience in the buying and availability is the major factor that has made health insurance to grow in popularity in India. Health insurance plans can be purchased online with absolute ease and no hassles. And when you consider buying it from Royal Sundaram, you can compare from several health plans that we offer and choose the one that fits you the best.
Types of health insurance plans –
Lifeline Health Plan: If you are looking for a comprehensive health insurance plan for you and your family, then a lifeline health plan is the most ideal plan for you. Any individual who is above 18 years of age can buy this plan. It is offered as both individual and family-floater plan for self, spouse, and children. The plan is offered in three forms –
- Lifeline classic
- Lifeline supreme
- Lifeline elite
It covers in-patient hospitalization expenses, ambulance cover, domiciliary hospitalization charges, vaccination in case of animal bite, pre and post hospitalization expenses, reload of sum insured, no-claim bonus, health check-ups, AYUSH treatment, all-day care procedures, and preventive healthcare and wellness.
Family plus Health Plan: It’s a unique health insurance plan that provides comprehensive health coverage at an affordable price. It covers in-patient hospitalization expenses, pre and post hospitalization expenses, all day-care procedures, vaccination in case of animal bite, ambulance cover, no-claim bonus, AYUSH treatment, emergency domestic evacuation up to 1lac, maternity cover for up to 2 deliveries, domiciliary hospitalization expenses, health and wellness benefits, nutritional allowance for mother after delivery, and coverage for the treatment of an organ donor.
How to apply for health insurance policy online?
Here’s how to apply for a health insurance plan online –
- You need to fill up the required information as mentioned on the website
- Depending on your health plan, you can choose to buy the policy for one or more years
- Subsequently, the system will generate a “quote”
- Several payment options will be displayed on the online website; you can choose one as per your convenience
- The health insurance policy you choose will be in force as soon as the payment is processed & matching underwriting requirements
- Now, you can take the print of health insurance policy documents
How to compare health insurance plan online?
Online comparison of health insurance will not just save your time, but will also give you amazing benefits. A few key benefits –
- You don’t have to wait for quotes anymore
- No such pressure from the agents of an insurance company
- There’s no need to meet the insurance agents
- No need to visit insurance offices anymore
- You don’t have to struggle with papers anymore
- Moreover, you get more choices than ever
To compare health insurance policies online is a simple and convenient method. Besides, while making comparisons online, you must look out for the following variables –
- Pre and post hospitalization
- Domiciliary hospitalization
- Critical illness
- Day care treatment
- Coverage for pre-existing diseases
- Health check ups
- Organ donor expenses
- Ambulance facility
These variables would help you to understand your insurance plan better when you buy it as once you know what your priorities are, it won’t be tough for you to make a choice.
Benefits of comparing health insurance policy online
Due to tight and hectic schedules, it may not be feasible for everyone to visit the branch or offices of different health insurance companies to compare health insurance policies. Enlisted below are a few benefits of buying health insurance policies online –
- Budget-friendly: Suppose you purchase a health insurance plan online, then you can easily compare plans and choose the one that best fits in the budget. Moreover, no brokerage or agent fee is imposed, thus you end up saving a large amount of money.
- Convenient and time saving: You can save your valuable time by comparing health insurance policies online. In addition to this, various tasks, such as renewing plans, paying premiums, etc. are also easier through online mode.
- You get an easy access to accurate information: Online facility offers an easy access to almost all the insurance companies available in the market. In addition to this, it also saves customers from dealing with agents who are known to offer biased and unreliable information most of the times.
- Premium calculator: Tools like health insurance premium calculators are readily available online. With the use of such calculators, it becomes extremely convenient for the policyholder to calculate the amount of premium that has to be paid and also, helps in planning the budget efficiently.
- It reduces the premium amount: There are several companies that offer lower premium for those who purchase health insurance policy online. In fact, due to growing competition, companies these days offer an even lower amount of premium rates so as to retain the policyholders.
- Comparison of health insurance plan : With the help of web aggregators, you can easily compare health insurance policies online so that you select the one that best suits your requirements.
Tips to consider before buying a health insurance plan online –
Here’s a list of things to consider before buying a health plan online –
- Claim settlement process: One needs to understand this fact that the simple the claim process, the faster is the settlement of claims. This is one of the major factors that needs to be considered before buying a health insurance policy online. Good customer support desk, is also one additional benefit that one needs to look for.
- Consider network hospitals: One must always check the cashless network hospitals with the insurance company. During the time of hospitalization or medical emergency, these network hospitals offer cashless option.
- Choosing the right insurance amount: At the time of choosing the health insurance plan, one must choose the amount of coverage wisely. Also, you need to take your age into account as the younger you are, the lower will be the amount of premium payable. So, choose the sum assured precisely.
- Cumulative bonus: Insurance companies offer a cumulative bonus when the policyholder does not make any claim during the policy period. This bonus is basically a discount on the premium payable or an increase in the sum assured.
- Free health check-ups: You must look for a policy that insures you for free medical check-ups.
- Check the reviews: Reviews play an important part when it comes to the online purchase of health insurance policy. A review can make or break the decision of buying a health insurance plan online. Reviews are also a mixed bunch of information filled with pros and cons, thus don’t ignore the reviews as this will help you to make the right decision.
- Compare the premium: It is important to compare the premium as well as the plans. There are several online sites that will help you to compare the policies in terms of features, benefits, maximum returns, etc. By comparing these policies, you will be able to get all the benefits at a comparatively cheaper rate.
- Waiting period: Mostly insurance companies have a waiting period for pre-existing diseases. This period can differ from one insurance company to another and can range from two to five years. Thus, you need to keep this number in mind before buying a health insurance policy online.
- Pre and post hospitalization: These medical expenses include follow-up with the doctor, medicines to be taken, and much more. Thus, choose an insurance plan that covers these aspects too.
The above mentioned points will help you to choose the best health insurance plan.
How to renew your health insurance policy online?
You can renew your health insurance policy online by following these steps –
- Firstly, enter your policy number and date of expiry on the website
- Now, calculate the premium
- Choose the payment option – net banking or go with credit/debit card to make payments
- After successful completion of the payment, you must print or save the premium deposit receipt.
Online purchase helps you get the best health insurance policy in India in just a few clicks. In fact, it aids you in making a well-versed choice and get away with the right insurance product. So, buy or renew health insurance plan online instantly without any paperwork from Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company; it covers all your vital health insurance needs.
Other Related Articles: