Household Articles Insurance
About Home Insurance
This section offers coverage for all the contents placed in your home plus some very useful additional covers which you may require when you go outside the house, like coverage for baggage while on a business trip or protection for the money that you have withdrawn from your bank and are returning home with the same.
Plans & Sum Insured Options
Higher SI options of up to Rs50 lakhs for Contents, Appliances & Jewellery.
Cover available for Mobile phones, Laptops, I-Pad & I-Pod’s and palmtops.
Cover for Paintings and work of art available as a part of the Contents section.
Policy Tenure from 1 to 3 years.
2 new covers introduced for External equipment's & Loss of cash.
Flexibility to drop per item limit, by paying additional premium in Silver & Gold plans.
The Company shall not be liable in respect of each and every claim for loss or damage to the insured property by or due to or arising from:
- The amount of excess as stated in General Excess table of the policy in respect of each and every section.
- Any costs incurred in connection with the elimination of functional failures unless such failures were caused by an indemnifiable damage.
- Loss or damage by Burglary and Housebreaking including Theft where any member of your family is involved as a principal or an accomplice.
- Loss of earnings, loss by delay, loss of market or other consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind or description whatsoever.
- Loss or damage due to faults or defects existing at the time of commencement of this insurance.
- Loss or damage due to Cracking, Scratching, Denting and Chipping.
- Loss or damage due to defects in design, material or workmanship or otherwise for which the manufacturer or supplier of the insured items is responsible either by law or under contract or any amount recoverable under the terms of maintenance agreement.
- Loss, damage and/or liability caused by or arising out of the willful/unlawful act/conduct/neglect or gross negligence of you or any person acting on your behalf.
- Radioactive contamination.
- Any expenses, consequential loss, legal liability or any loss or damage to items directly caused by or contributed to by ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- Loss, destruction, damage, liability or expenses whether directly or indirectly occasioned by or happening through or arising from any consequences of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power, civil commotion, loot, pillage, seizure, capture, arrests, restraints & detainment.
- Loss or damage by pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
- Loss, destruction or damage caused to the insured property by seepage, pollution or contamination irrespective of however been caused.
- Loss or damage to items of consumable nature.
- Any kind of loss or damage to data, software or any kind of programming or instruction set.
- Loss or damage to contents by wear and tear, depreciation, insects, vermin, rodents, pets, animals, moth, fungus, pests, insects or mildew, corrosion, rust, atmospheric or climatic conditions, ingress of water, gradually operating cause, process or cleaning, restoring, renovation dyeing, repair, alteration.
- Cost of transport to the repair shop and back to the Insured Premises of any insured item arising out of any damage to such item.
- Loss or damage caused by or arising out of or traceable to erection, repairing or dismantling of the insured apparatus ( not applicable in respect of contents and appliances section under Platinum & Diamond plans)
- Loss of earnings, loss by delay, loss of market, loss of sentimental value or other consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind or description whatsoever.
- Loss, destruction or damage caused to the property insured by burning by order of any Public Authority.
- Permanent or temporary dispossession resulting from confiscation, commandeering, requisition or destruction by order of the Government or any lawfully constituted Authority.
- Loss of originality and / or depreciation following repair.
In the event of an incident that may give rise to a claim under this Policy, You must notify the Company immediately over phone or email us at email@example.com or provide written intimation and shall within 14 days thereafter furnish to the Company detailed particulars of the amount of the loss or damage together with such explanation and evidence to substantiate the claim as the Company may reasonably require.
Lodge a complaint with the Police forthwith in the event of theft and Burglary and take all practicable steps to apprehend the guilty person or persons and to recover the property lost.
Yes, for subsequent renewals post the expiry of your policy period, you have the following options:
- Pay through your credit card.
- Provide a cheque in favor of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited.
|Period on Risk||Rate of Premium to be retained|
|Up to 1 month||25% of Premium|
|Up to 3 months||50% of Premium|
|Up to 6 months||75% of Premium|
|Up to 12 months||Full Premium|
Lifeline offers 10% of Sum Insured upto a max of 50% of Sum Insured for Classic Plan and 20% of Sum Insured upto a max of 100% for Supreme and Elite plan.
Unlike NCB offered by other policies, there is no penalty in case of claim. Thus NCB earned by you remains as is even if you claim.
For eg, if you have a policy with SI of Rs.5lacs (Supreme Plan) and there has been no claim in the first year, then at the time of renewal you will get a NCB of 20% (Rs.1lac). In second year, if you claimed then on second renewal your NCB of Rs.1lac will remain intact and it will not be reduced.