Cocos Islands Travel Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Cocos Islands Travel Insurance
Two coral atolls make up this isolated island of Cocos, also known as the Keeling Islands. The Cocos Islands can be found midway between Sri Lanka and Australia in the Indian Ocean. A territory of Australia, it is located about 900 km southwest from the Christmas Islands (another Australian territory). The southern atoll is made up of 26 islets while the northern atoll is only composed of North Keeling Island. The Island’s unique geography has led to an abundance of seabirds and land crabs, apart from preserving rare ecosystems like coral atolls. The area and surrounding waters of North Keeling Island have thus been conserved as Pulu Keeling National Park since 1995.
Arrive at Cocos Islands between July and October to enjoy kite- and wind-surfing in its pristine surroundings. It is the time of the year when southeastern trade winds create the best conditions for such adrenaline pumping activities. You can also indulge in snorkeling, diving, and swimming in its clear azure waters. Renowned for its marine life, seabirds, and coral atolls, Pulu Keeling National Park is a spectacular place to get in touch with nature. With 27 beautiful coral islands, this is a great place to do some island hopping. As you embark a local ferry, you can explore uninhabited islets, white sandy beaches, rare breeds of seabirds, interesting mix of Cocos Malay culture, and serene palm trails. A popular wedding destination, this Island is the only place in the world where atoll walking is possible because of a lagoon which becomes remarkably shallow during low tides. For visas, Embassies of Cocos Islands can be found at New Delhi, Chennai, and Mumbai.
Why not stay proactive for your holiday and get travel insurance for Cocos Islands? Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Cocos Islands ensures there are no gaps in your travel plans. We cover most of the possible risks with our extensive features.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Cocos Islands from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Cocos Islands
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Cocos Islands
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Cocos Islands - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Cocos Islands travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident