Travel Insurance for Botswana from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Botswana Travel Insurance
This Southern African landlocked country resembles a jagged triangle. World famous Okavango Delta and Kalahari Desert are the defining geographical features of Botswana. It shares the border with South Africa (southeast and south), Zimbabwe and Zambia (northeast), and Namibia (north and west). Once a colonial protectorate, it was among the poorest nations of the world at that time. But after it gained independence in 1966, Botswana came to light as a wildlife paradise and gradually became a world renowned safari destination. Today, it is a peaceful African nation with a stable democracy. Botswana’s capital is Gaborone.
Considered wild Africa at its best, the best time to visit Botswana is during seasonal floods when the iconic landscapes of Okavango and Kalahari are teeming with a rich range of wildlife. Recently, Okavango delta was chosen as a UNESCO heritage. It is considered the biggest inland delta in the world. The biggest island of Okavango delta is the Chief's island, named in honor of the local chief who held sole control over this preserve. Chief’s island has the densest wildlife of Botswana. There are special camps and lodges here for tourists. You can use a dug-out canoe at Moremi Game Reserve to roam past crocodiles and hippos. The steep canyon of Moremi Gorge is bound to delight the trekkers with its utter beauty. You will also come across little ancestral memorials in the rocky gaps of the gorge. Kubu Island is a desolate national site surrounded from all sides by a sea of salt.
Traveling also means taking care of your luggage and loved ones. If you are selected this lovely destination, then don’t forget to secure travel insurance for Botswana. Visit our website and learn how Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Botswana will cover you from various possible risks.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Botswana from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Botswana
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Botswana
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Botswana - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Botswana travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident