Travel Insurance for Cambodia from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Cambodia Travel Insurance
This small country is known for its fabulous heritage, untamed wild landscapes, and the extensive and beautiful temple ruins at Angkor, a UNESCO heritage site that represents the glorious Khmer civilization. If you are seeking some adventure, then you will surely appreciate north east of Cambodia because of its wildlife, alternative hill tribe cultures, and beautiful scenery. Soak yourself in the local culture with a visit to the Silver Pagoda that is located within the Royal Palace.
It houses several national treasures like jeweled and gold Buddha statues. Cambodia is a relaxing place to spend your holidays if you are looking for a destination that offers you complete relaxation amidst picturesque scenery. Cambodia has a number of white sand beaches, and Sihanoukville, also known as Kampong Som is the best place to unwind.Cambodia issues e-visa for visitors of most countries. You just need to complete the online application form and pay the visa fee using via credit card. Visitors from countries like Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam are exempt from visa. Indians wishing to travel to Cambodia need to apply for either an online visa or through the Cambodian Embassy located in New Delhi.
Purchase travel insurance for Cambodia while planning your vacation to reduce the stress while traveling abroad. Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance policy for Cambodia can be purchased online. The flexible options offered by the company include cover from interruptions like baggage delay, loss of baggage, flight delays, medical expenses and loss of travel documents.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Cambodia from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Cambodia
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Cambodia
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Cambodia - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Cambodia travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Cambodia is a living example of the fusion of rich archaeological sites that demonstrates the might of the Khmer Empire with the history of colonisation exhibited by the graceful French architecture. Here are a few things that must be noted before a touring Cambodia:
- The economy is not in its best form. One of the primary income-generating sources, for most of Cambodia, is the tourism sector that has grown in the last two decades.
- The subsistence of the people of Cambodia does not affect their hospitality for the tourist. Even with a history of a long civil war, the safety and security measures are quite good.
- The distinct Asian cuisine (Khmer Cuisine) which is a combination of rice, noodles and seafood can allure a lot of travellers.
- In addition, if you purchase a travel insurance policy, your trip will be considerably safeguarded from most risks and health-related expenditures.
Cambodia has successfully managed to draw in numerous tourists from all across the globe due to its majestic attractions, some of which are:
- Angkor Wat, the temple ruins at Angkor, is a UNESCO world heritage site that still stands as an evidence of the illustrious Khmer Empire and their mastery over architecture.
- The Phnom Kulen National Park is located in Phnom Kulen mountain range. It also has numerous historical monuments such as Kbal Spean and Preah Ang Thom (home to the country's largest reclining Buddha).
- To enjoy the calmness during your hectic schedule, Kampong Cham serves as an ideal destination along with the historical artefacts.
- The main attraction of the Bokor National Park is the charmingly haunted building exhibiting the French architecture. The natural park is also home amazing flora and fauna including elephants, tigers and wildflowers.
- The temple of Prasat Preah Vihear, perched on the top of Dângrêk Mountains predates the Angkor Wat by almost 100 years.
- Some of the other tourist attractions that are equally beautiful include:
- Botum-Sakor National Park
- Tonle Sap Biosphere Reserve
- The dry forest of Mondolkiri and Ratanakiri
- Khmer classical dance
- Koh Ker
- Sihanoukville and islands
However, with proper travel insurance from India, you are more likely to enjoy each of these wonderful destinations in a stress-free manner.
Even though Cambodia has perfect weather for a year-round visit, the ideal period is somewhere between November and April because of the low rainfall. Furthermore, you can also buy a Cambodia travel insurance before embarking on your journey to make it comfortable and secure.
Indian Embassy in Cambodia is located in Phnom Penh. Here are the details:
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
Street No. 214,
Samdech Pan Ave.,
Sangkat Boeung Raing,
Khan Daun Penh,
Tel No.: (+855-23) 210912 / 210913
Fax No. (+855-23) 213640 / 210914
All queries regarding Passport, Visa & Consular matters should be addressed to:
Mr. Deep Chandra Pant - Second Secretary (C&C)
For additional information and queries, visit the official website -
A document checklist that is necessary to process your application:
- Original passport with a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Cambodia.
- One recently taken photo of the size 4 × 6 cm on a white background.
- A copy of the confirmed return flight tickets.
- A copy of credit card statements or bank statements that serve as proof to survive the expenses in Cambodia.
- A copy of the hotel accommodation.