Travel Insurance for Cameroon from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Cameroon Travel Insurance
ameroon is a Central African nation that offers great ethnic, geographic and wildlife diversity. Cameroon shares its borders with the Atlantic Ocean (southwest), Gabon and Equatorial Guinea (south), the Republic of the Congo (southeast), the Central African Republic (east), Chad (northeast), and Nigeria (northwest). This triangle-shaped country has many reasons to entice travelers; dense rainforests, active volcanoes, white sandy beaches, and a landscape filled with bizarre rock formations. Its vast ethnicity has led to the rise of about 230 local languages. As compared to most African nations, Cameroon enjoys decent infrastructure and greater political stability.
For the best beach experience, head to the south-western region of Limbe. The beaches of this seaside city are named after their total distance from the city center. So you’ll find Mile 11 and Mile 6 beaches. Mile 8 beach near Batoké village offers an exciting view of the Mt Cameroon's lava flows. Africa's second oldest botanical garden is present in Cameroon. Cycads, mango, nutmeg, and cinnamon are among the many varieties of trees that can be discovered here. Travelers will love the spectacular trekking trails of the Mandara Mountains. Located west of Maroua, you will find traditional villages, lush valleys, and massive rock formations. Many villages here are known to offer splendid mountainous scenery. Discover steep hillsides, get a glimpse of a weekly market at Mora village, or simply continue on a scenic hike through the rural landscape. Fon's Palace is a striking symbol of a 700-year-old dynasty. There is also a museum above this palace with collections of local weapons, carvings, and costumes.
Travelers to Cameroon from all countries require visas prior to arrival in the country. While there is no Cameroonian embassy in India, Cameroonian embassies in neighboring countries issue visas relatively quickly for around $60.
Minimize the stress factors that come along with an overseas travel. Get travel insurance for Cameroon. Buy Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance policy for Cameroon online and avail protection from unforeseen mishaps such as lost or delayed baggage, personal accident and others.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Cameroon from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Cameroon
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Cameroon
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Cameroon - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Cameroon travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
- Cameroon is a spectacular destination, situated right in Central Africa. It is renowned for breath-taking geographic landscapes and ethnic culture.
- White sandy beaches and marshy coastal areas which rise into beautiful dense forests make it a top destination to visit.
- Cameroon has an exciting and varied cuisine to please your palette. The cuisine has influences from North, South, East and West with a touch of French influence in it.
- Cameroon is a safe country with great accessibility. People are kind and social.
- Cameroon has a great infrastructure with political stability.
Amidst all the fun that you have planned to do in Cameroon, don’t forget to get a Cameroon - Travel Insurance for a safe ride.
- The best place to visit in Cameroon is Mount Cameroon. You can witness an active volcano with oozing lava.
- You must visit Limbe, which has Africa’s second oldest botanical garden with trees like nutmeg, mangoes, cinnamon, ancient cycads, and local ‘African Viagra’ trees.
- If you love outdoors and adventures, then trekking trails of Mandara Mountains will surely please you.
- If you love to explore the local culture with beautiful mountainous terrain, then you must explore the villages situated in the West of Maroua.
- The weekly market at Mora village will give you an opportunity to satisfy your taste buds with local food and shop some nice local stuff.
- Fon’s palace is a 700-year old dynasty to visit.
- There are many beautiful cities to visit, like Coastal Douala and Yaounde. Yaounde is a great place for checking ancient monuments and museums.
Remember, the travel insurance cost that you incur is enough to take care of any unwanted situations that might arise while you indulge in activities in a far-away land.
Though Cameroon falls in a comfortable temperature zone being in the Central part of Africa, the best time to visit is in the months of November to February. In summer, the temperatures may soar up to 40-degree celsius from March to May, and rainy weather prevails from May to September.
It is advisable to take a travel insurance policy for travelling conveniently.
Travelling to a foreign destination? You must always gather Indian embassy details to ensure seamless contact during emergencies.
C /o. Nakira-kam,
1058, Bd du general Leclerc,
00-237-33427464 / 33425880 / 33427474 (O), 33427906 (R)
Sunday to Thursday:
Morning: 8:00 - 11:30,
Afternoon: 14:00 - 16:30
Handy Documents for Cameroon Visa
- Properly filled Visa application form.
- Tickets to Cameroon (both onward and return)
- A letter to certify employment
- Having travel insurance from India is advisable
- A passport with a validity of at least 6 months.
- 2 recent passport size photographs.
- Medical certificate for vaccination against ‘Yellow fever.’