Travel Insurance for Colombia from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Colombia Travel Insurance
Colombia is the land of magical realism. The home of Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez, this South American nation’s contrasting landscape indeed inspires magic no matter which direction you take. It is the land of dense Amazon jungles, the mighty Andes, beautiful Pacific and Caribbean coastlines, mythical archeological and cultural ruins, and colonial landmarks. Situated in the northwest of the massive South American peninsula, it shares its borders with Peru and Ecuador (south), Brazil and Venezuela (east), and Panama (northwest). The majority of Colombians can be found living mainly in the mountainous inland. Spanish is the official language and the capital of Colombia is Bogotá, a high-altitude city in the northern Andes range.
While its Caribbean coastline is a perfect beach destination offering pristine sandy stretches, head to Colombia’s Pacific coast to watch awesome humpback whales. Old Providence, a Caribbean island territory of Colombia, is popular among scuba divers for its coral reef. Visit Palacio de la Inquisición (The Palace of the Inquisition), one of the finest colonial buildings in Colombia. A museum now, it displays collections from the notorious Inquisition period and pre-Columbian artifacts. Colombia’s high-altitude terrain is a great place for trekkers. Choose from a jungle walk through Ciudad Perdida to reach the old ruins of the Tayrona civilization, or climb to higher altitudes in the Parque Nacional Natural El Cocuy to reach the summits of Andes peaks. Fascinating ruins wait at San Agustín, the site of over 500 life-sized ancient statues, and Tierradentro, home to mystical underground tombs. For visas, apply in person at the Colombian Embassy in New Delhi.
Get travel insurance for Colombia to help you during any unfortunate situation during your travels. Buy Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Colombia to enjoy your vacation hassle free.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Colombia from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Colombia
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Colombia
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Colombia - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Colombia travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident