Travel Insurance for Dominica Republic from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Dominica Travel Insurance
Dominica is an ideal destination for lovers of nature and scenery. A high-altitude Caribbean island nation, its mountainous terrain is mainly the result of volcanic activity. The volcanic eruptions are rare and it receives travelers during the relatively cooler period between December and March when the climate is pleasant. After its independence in 1978, Dominica has remained a Commonwealth member. Roseau is the capital and central port of Dominica. Dominica is a paradise for trekkers or hikers because of its mountainous terrain. Its volcanic landscape offers dense rainforests, steaming lakes, hot sulfur springs, waterfalls, and narrow gorges.
Emerald Pool is situated at the bottom of a waterfall surrounded by lush greenery. One can arrive here after a short and scenic walk across a rain forest. It usually remains a nice and quiet spot to relax. Take a gentle boat ride across the mangrove-lined Indian River. You can observe from close quarters creatures such as iguanas, crabs, hummingbirds, and egrets. Cabrits National Park is a scenic spot famed for views across the bay or ideal for a quiet picnic. It covers the island’s biggest swamp, a jungle, and the surrounding coastal area. The conveniently reachable Trafalgar Falls is also a spectacular waterfall near the Morne Trois Pitons National Park.
There are two waterfalls, curiously named ‘Father’ and ‘Mother’, which can be accessed after a short walk through a nice trail. A viewing platform has been constructed for visitors. There is also an inviting water pool at the base of the smaller ‘Mother’ waterfall. For Indian citizens, a Dominican tourist visa is not required for a stay up to 90 days. To learn in detail about visa guidelines, contact your nearest Dominica Embassy or Consulate.
Purchase travel insurance for Dominica to minimize the risks of unfortunate incidents that can occur with traveling overseas. Buy Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance policy for Dominica online to safeguard yourself, your loved ones, and your luggage.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Dominican Republic from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Dominican Republic
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Dominican Republic
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Dominican Republic - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Dominican Republic travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident