Travel Insurance for Ghana from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
If you’re sipping a coffee in one of those popular café chains, it is quite likely that you’re taking in a bit of Ghana in that fresh whiff. After all, this African nation is the second-biggest cocoa beans producer. Situated on the western African ‘Bulge’ from the Gulf of Guinea, the Republic of Ghana shares its borders with Togo, Burkina Faso, and La Cote D'Ivoire. Thanks to a long political stability, Ghana enjoys rapid development and is considered a ‘Golden Child’ of the West Africa for being a greatly successful nation.
Ghana has access to the Atlantic Ocean on its southern end and thus becomes a destination for beach lovers. Get to the Labadi Beach in the capital city of Accra and you will find it crowded with locals partying and lazing around during weekends. You will feel a typically vibrant Ghana in the spicy food and thumping music of these locals. A tro-tro (minibus) will get you to this beach. The capital Accra is popular for shopping, nightlife, and the best of Ghana cuisine. The Kakum National Park harbors Ghana’s endangered elephants and monkeys. Make sure to use the canopy walkway, hanging 30m over the forest floor, for a great view.
Ghana's coastal forts are worth experiencing for their defining historical significance. Cape Coast Castle is the most popular spot. For those first-time travelers to Africa, Ghana is an ideal introduction to the continent with its lively cities, friendly locals, good beaches, vast hinterland, varied wildlife, and rich cultural diversity.
Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Ghana provides you with a vast number of covers, including health, trip hassles, personal (legal) liability, personal accident, and home insurance during your overseas stay. Visit Royal Sundaram’s website to purchase travel insurance for Ghana online!
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Ghana from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Ghana
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Ghana
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Ghana - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Ghana travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things To Know about Ghana
Here’s a list of things to do in Ghana –
- Bask in the sun, take a stroll by the beachside or enjoy lazing on the sands at the popular Labadi Beach. This is one of the ideal city beaches visited by both tourists and locals alike.
- Plan a visit to Mole National Park, where you can find several different types of animals including leopards, buffalo, antelope, elephants, etc.
- Don’t leave the place without tasting the local food which you can find at the roadside eateries. Eat where the locals eat so that you enjoy the best specialities of the place.
- When in Ghana, shop for traditional Ghana fabric, also known as Kente cloth. You can buy these beautiful fabrics from the street vendors that are available at most streets around the country.
- Pay a visit to St. George’s Castle, one of the few historical places in Ghana that one must not miss.
The best time to visit Ghana is during the months of October to March when the climate is less humid and marginally cooler.
It will be very helpful for you to know the location of the Indian Embassy/Consulate of any country that you are planning to visit. Here’s the Indian Embassy/Consulate location in Ghana –
High Commission of India
No. 9 Ridge Road, Roman Ridge PO Box CT-5708, Cantonments
Telephone: +233-307020903 / 307020904
The procedure to apply for a Ghana visa is simple and consumes very less time. All you need to do is submit the application form along with the following documents –
- Passport/visa size photographs
- Copy of the first and last page of your passport
- Dully filled application form
- Return flight ticket
Travel Plans Available