Travel Insurance for Greenland from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Perhaps nowhere else in the world does nature carries out such exciting displays as this vast, icy island of Greenland. Imagine sleeping under a midnight sun in summer, watching icebergs explode, or spending winter under the northern lights (nature’s own firework) otherwise known as aurora borealis. Situated between the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans, Greenland is almost 80% covered in ice; hence it is the nation with the lowest population density in the world.
The world's largest island, its vastness has given birth to immense geographical contrasts: the far north presents Arctic landscapes; influenced by the Atlantic, the south bears lush sheep farms; at its center is an enormous sheet of ice; and the southwest fjord-lined coast which is the main settling area for Greenland’s small population. The island has seemingly limitless areas of wilderness—a paradise for adventurers who can choose to venture at will through its lush village farms, rugged mountainous terrains, and gorgeous fjords. You can choose exciting activities such as salmon fishing, skiing, skateboarding, rock climbing, dogsled riding, and sea kayaking.
The majestic scenery of the west coast, with colorful wooden cottages and lush farms, will keep the shutterbugs busy. Among the star attractions in Greenland are the astounding Ilulissat Kangerlua (Ilulissat Icefjord), a bay fed by the thick Sermeq Kujalleq glacier, and the Southern Fjords. For locals, hunting and fishing are their main sources of income. Make sure your itinerary takes into account Greenland’s unpredictable weather. Devote enough time to each location to truly enjoy this stunning destination.
Traveling abroad can stir up many surprises, unfortunate ones, too! We hope you are prepared for a memorable holiday with travel insurance for Greenland. At Royal Sundaram, we offer a range of covers and benefits with our policies. You can choose from either a single trip plan or a multi-trip plan. You can purchase Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Greenland online in just 5 minutes.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Greenland from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Greenland
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Greenland
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Greenland - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Greenland travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things To Know about Greenland
Here’s a list of things to do in Greenland –
- Adventure seekers can go on a skiing trip in the snow covered mountains all over the country. This is one of the best things to do in Greenland in winters. Eternity Fjord is the most popular skiing route in Greenland.
- A visit to Ilulissat Icefjord is another best thing to do in Greenland. Featuring thousands of glaciers in different sizes and shapes, the place can be easily accessed by helicopters, places, and ferries.
- Get once in a lifetime experience at Aurora Borealis. Also known as Northern Lights, Aurora is a natural phenomenon that fascinates all who see it.
- A treasure trove of arts and handicrafts, shopping in Greenland comes as surprise to many. So when in Greenland, take home with you the country’s best souvenirs.
- Spend some leisurely time with your family at Katuaq Cultural Centre, featuring magnificent piano shaped architecture. Here you can enjoy enthralling cinema shows and art displays.
The best time to visit Greenland is during summer months that lasts from June through to September. Also, it’s an ideal time for tourists who want to go hiking and enjoy adventurous outdoor activities such as Kayaking.
Indian Embassy has not been established in Greenland yet.
Applying for a visa is a simple process. All you need to do is to keep all your documents handy as this will help you get your Greenland Visa processed quickly. Besides, here’s a list of few documents you need to have while applying for a Greenland visa –
- Passport/visa size photographs
- Copy of the first and last page of your passport
- Dully filled application form
- Return flight ticket
Travel Plans Available