Travel Insurance for Guatemala from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Guatemala Travel Insurance
Every now and then the world gets hooked onto one of those Maya prophecies. But the best place to truly understand the legendary and ancient people of the Maya civilization is to enter their home, their birthplace, their heart—Guatemala. A Central American country, Guatemala can be found immediately south of Mexico. Rightly known as the most diverse country in Central America, it’s a mix of so many things: from ancient Maya to colonial to modern day Latin and North American cultures; from scenic trekking routes to its jungles, caves, and volcanoes; from archeological wonders to architectural treats; and from the villages of the ‘Ixil Triangle’ in the western highlands to coffee booming towns like Quetzaltenango and Cobán. Visit Guatemala’s Petén region for a breathtaking entry into the world of the Mayans.
You will find the Mayan archeological sites located in a rainforest. El Mirador, Aguateca, Tikal, San Bartolo, Uaxactún, Ceibal, and Yaxhá are the most recommended sites here. Visit the second largest lake in Guatemala, Petén Itzá, in the Flores Island. In Guatemala, thrill seekers will find activities ranging from white-water rafting to exploring long caves, from paragliding into a volcanic crater to scuba diving near the Pacific coast. Lago de Atitlán, a crater lake with a ring of volcanoes and Mayan villages around it, and Semuc Champey, the site of a popular natural limestone bridge and a series of water pools, is an irresistible treat for true nature lovers. A developing democracy, its locals are considered profoundly welcoming.
While you are booking those tickets now, make sure to simultaneously get travel insurance for Guatemala. Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Guatemala can be purchased within 5 minutes! We have a convenient, ISO certified claims process. Just log on to our website to get a quick travel insurance quote, calculate your premium, and buy a policy without any documentation.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Guatemala from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Guatemala
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Guatemala
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Guatemala - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Guatemala travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident