Travel Insurance for Honduras from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Honduras Travel Insurance
This Latin American republic sits in the heart of Central America. Honduras shares its border (and Mayan legacy) with Guatemala. Its northern side gives access to the Caribbean Sea while the southern side faces the Pacific Ocean. Rich in biodiversity, about 80% of the nation consists of mountainous terrain. Honduras has 91 natural preserves, Americas’ second biggest rainforest, and a portion of the second biggest coral reef in the world, the Mesoamerican Reef. Among its most compelling attractions include Mayan sites, Caribbean beaches, marine life, forest reserves, diving sites, and highlands.
Apart from neighboring Guatemala, rich archeological sites of the Maya civilization also exists in Honduras. Copán, its bordering area with Guatemala, contains many significant ruins of the ancient Mayans. The Copán ruins were discovered in 1570 but excavated only in the 19th century.
The site consists of a citadel and grand public squares. Fortaleza Santa Bárbara de Trujillo is an old Spanish fortress that looks over the Caribbean. Visit the Roatán Marine Park that preserves the reef system of Honduras. Authorities here educate the local children by taking them to snorkeling. To get a comprehensive understanding of Honduras, make sure you go to Museo para la Identidad Nacional, the nation’s finest museum.
Apart from modern exhibits reflecting the identity of Honduras, there is a brilliant 3D film tour of the Copán ruins. Scenic destinations, adventurous diving, majestic archeology, imposing colonial remnants, and dense natural reserves — Honduras will draw even the most experienced world travelers.
To spend a relaxed, carefree time in this Central American destination, get travel insurance for Honduras. Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Honduras has been carefully planned to help you tackle many unexpected situations that might crop up during your overseas trips. Log on to Royal Sundaram’s website to purchase a travel policy online.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Honduras from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Honduras
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Honduras
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Honduras - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Honduras travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident