Travel Insurance for Korea from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Korea Travel Insurance
South Korea, officially known as the Republic of Korea is a nation in East Asia, inhabiting the southern half of the Korean Peninsula. The country shares its borders with North Korea to the north, China to the West, and Japan to the South East.
The Korean peninsula provides travellers with a variety of highly engaging experiences, fascinating landscapes, and 5000 years of culture and history. The compact size of South Korea together with its outstanding transport infrastructure makes sight-seeing an effortless task. In South Korea, you can go hiking to the top of rough mountains, which is surrounded by thickly forested national parks. The nation showcases a ‘work hard, play hard’ culture. The city of Seoul is considered as an urban day marvel. The city is extremely well planned with tourist information booth, a subway station, and taxis in every important nook and corner.
Royal Sundaram offers Travel Insurance Plans that are aptly designed to secure you from untoward incidences on both your journey and subsequent stay. Our easy-to-use website will introduce you to our affordable plans which offer cover from inconveniences such as baggage delay, loss of baggage, flight delays and loss of travel documents, as well as unfortunate incidences that would require medical expenses.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Korea from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Korea
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Korea
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Korea - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Korea travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things to know about Korea
Boasting of rich ancient culture, South Korea is a country steeped in tradition. If this is the first time you are planning to visit South Korea, here are some useful travel tips:
- Public transport in South Korea is quite efficient and inexpensive. Pick up a t-money card to use services of public buses and subways as it is cheaper than buying a regular ticket
- Korea is known for its cuisine and amazing food culture. However, you are not expected to tip the servers. You can if you want to, but there is no pre-determined percentage
- A travel insurance policy will come in handy in case there is a medical emergency on your trip to Korea. Travel insurance from India will also compensate in case there is a loss of important documents, baggage etc
- Korea Travel insurance may cost you a little more. Thus, it is best to get a plan from home to save a considerable amount of travel insurance cost
List of Things to Do at Korea
South Korea is a land of mouth-watering delicacies and heritage architecture. Travellers can enjoy the South Korean culture with the following things -
- One of the best ways to explore South Korean culture is through its food. Whether you are eating out at a restaurant or enjoying the street food, you are sure to be impressed. You cannot go without trying the famous kimchi. Some of the other delicious food items to try are Bulgogi, Japchae, and Gomguk
- Witness the grand and gorgeous Changdeokgung Palace. It is the largest palace built by the Joseon dynasty and is also a UNESCO world heritage site
- Wander through the streets of Seoul to witness the dynamic and vibrant city culture.
- Explore the Korean Architecture by visiting the Bukchon Hanok village. There are hundreds of traditionally built Korean houses, also known as Hanok
- Visit Meyongdong street for the ultimate shopping experience in Korea
- National Fork museum, Agriculture museum are some of the free museums for tourists to delve into the charm and history of the country
Best Time to Visit Korea
Autumn and spring are considered as the best time to visit South Korea, which is from May to July and September to November. The Weather during these months is neither too hot nor too chilly. It is quite pleasant for tourists to enjoy their stay.
Korea Embassy Information
Indian Embassy of Korea is situated in Seoul. You can contact them if you are in need of emergency help. Here are the details:
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
OFFICIAL WORKING HOURS
101, Hannam-Dong, Dokseodang-ro, Yongsan-gu
Seoul 04419 (South Korea)
Emergency – 010-9356-4188
Handy Documents for Korea Visa
Below is the list of documents required to apply for a Korean Visa. Read on!
- A Valid passport for at least 6 months
- Visa form
- Passport Sized photographs
- A cover letter stating the purpose of the travel
- A cover letter from the applicant’s employer to prove the professional and social status
- Hotel confirmation
- Inviter’s information (if applicable)
- Flight tickets
For tourist related information - This Article is provided with the intention to familiarize the customer with some basic information. Royal Sundaram assumes no responsibility on the accuracy of the information provided in the article. Customers are advised to verify the details independently.
For Insurance related information – For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully, before concluding a sale.