Travel Insurance for Lesotho from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Lesotho Travel Insurance
Ruled by Great Britain until 1966, Lesotho is an African nation surrounded by the Republic of South Africa. Lesotho is situated at a high altitude and thus presents a scenic mountainous landscape, valleys, and a network of rivers. The tall mountain ranges have protected this land throughout its long and tumultuous political history. The capital city is Maseru. Although it is landlocked by South Africa, Lesotho has its own distinct culture and adventure travel experience. Trekking on a Basotho pony or horse is a great way to explore this mountain country and meet locals dressed in traditional balaclavas on that next steep bend. Ts'ehlanyane National Park is Lesotho’s vast stretch of wilderness considered ideal for hiking. The 39 km long hike from Bokong Nature Reserve will take you through Lesotho’s most vivid topography.
Among Lesotho’s three northern natural reserves, Bokong Nature Reserve considered the best. It offers a striking view of the Lepaqoa Valley and a waterfall. Lesotho’s Quthing district is famous for abundant dinosaur footprints. Strolling around these footprints becomes a play when the local children come up to you with a request to be your guide in exchange of a small tip. You will find footprints that are 230-million-year-old. After your dinosaur tour, you can reach Masitise Cave House Museum, also in Quthing, for a lesson on Lesotho’s history and culture. Lesotho’s remarkable geography can also be observed from the mountain Thaba-Bosiu. You can easily reach Lesotho from Johannesburg or Durban and stay in a comfortable mountain lodge.
Apart from having obvious fun and adventure, traveling also means taking care of your luggage, holidaying with a sense of responsibility, and ensuring the safety of your loved ones. If you are selected this lovely destination, then don’t forget to secure travel insurance for Lesotho. Visit our website and learn how Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Lesotho will cover you from various possible risks.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Lesotho from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Lesotho
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Lesotho
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Lesotho - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Lesotho travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
- Lesotho is an African country which is known for its spectacular landscape of beautiful tall mountains, river streams and valleys.
- Lesotho’s capital city is Maseru, which is also the largest city in the country. People speak a local language called Sesotho, along with English.
- The breathtaking beautiful mountainous terrains with beautiful waterfalls are the reason why Lesotho is also called as Switzerland of Africa.
- Lesotho is called the ‘Kingdom in the Sky’. It is the only independent country which is wholly located above 1000 meters of sea level. Its lowest point is at 1400 meters, making it the ‘highest lowest point’ of any country.
- A unique feature about this place is that you can have fun exploring the country by riding on a horse or a Basotho pony.
Though travelling is a lot of fun, it is always advised to secure your trip with a travel insurance policy, to stay worry-free about potential challenges that may arise during your trip.
- You must visit the small town called “Qacha’s Nek”, which has a snake park with poisonous mambas and cobras.
- Fishing, hiking, bird watching, skiing, trekking, horse riding are popular activities here to explore.
- If you are fond of wildlife, then there are plenty of national parks to visit, including Ts'ehlanyane National Park, which is an ideal place to enjoy hiking on a vast stretch of land.
- Bokong Nature Reserve is another popular tourist destination which gives a splendid view of Lepaqoa valley and a waterfall.
- Quthing district can be visited for finding 230 million old footprints dinosaur footprints and Masitise Cave house museum to learn about Lesotho’s history and culture.
The best time to visit Lesotho is between October and November and between March and April. The coldest temperature can go below zero degrees marked with snowfall.
If you are a true nature lover, then Lesotho should be definitely on your list. But, don’t forget to secure your trip with Lesotho - Travel Insurance for a stress-free journey. The travel insurance cost is affordable if you purchase it in India before embarking on the trip.
While visiting a foreign land, we might be faced with challenges at times. Additionally, language and culture may come across as barriers to communicating locally. Thus, it is always good to carry Indian Embassy information for any travel assistance you might need in a foreign land.
Koekoe Street and Manong Street,
(+266) 2232 6461
09:00 to 17:00
(Monday to Friday
- A Passport valid for at least six months along with two blank pages for Visa Stamp.
- Duly filled Visa application form
- All the supporting documents (flight and hotel reservation)
- Two recent colour photographs
- Original bank statement of last six months
- A travel Insurance policy from India
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate