Travel Insurance for Maldives from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Maldives Travel Insurance
The thought of the Maldives will stir up two images in most people’s minds: beaches and more beaches. Since the country is an archipelago of 1,192 coral islands grouped into 26 coral atolls, every resort in the Maldives is its own private island, making it really difficult for tourists to decide on a location. The Maldives has some of the best diving and snorkelling locations in the world, and adventure/water-sports lovers will find its shores an absolute haven. Surfing is another popular pastime mainly during the period of March and October. The awe-inspiring coral reef and brightly coloured tropical fish are a magnificent spectacle to behold for any interested tourist. It is not uncommon to find a throng of honeymooning couples enjoying a sunset cruise on the island shores. Although it is an expensive destination for travellers, the unmatched tropical beach experience that is provides continues to make the Maldives a much sought-after destination.
Royal Sundaram offers Travel Insurance Plans that are aptly designed to secure you from untoward incidences on both your journey and subsequent stay. Our easy-to-use website will introduce you to our affordable plans which offer cover from inconveniences such as baggage delay, loss of baggage, flight delays and loss of travel documents, as well as unfortunate incidences that would require medical expenses.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Maldives from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Maldives
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Maldives
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Maldives - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Maldives travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things to know about the Maldives
The Maldives is made up of almost 1200 small islands and is surrounded by crystal clear water. With luxury bungalows standing in the turquoise waters, the Maldives is nothing short of a paradise. Before you head out here are a few important things to know about the Maldives:
- You do not need a Visa to enter into the Maldives. A thirty-day visa on arrival is issued on arrival for all nationalities
- Tourists are not allowed to bring alcohol to the Maldives. It is an Islamic nation; you cannot buy or drink alcohol at any of the local islands
- Buy a travel insurance policy to save yourself from unforeseen medical treatment expenses in the Maldives in case of an emergency. The Royal Sundaram travel insurance plans will additionally cover the losses incurred due to loss of baggage, theft etc (why mention only 2 covers here. May be you can mention more additional covers after checking with underwriting team.). Travel insurance cost is reasonable when compared to the health care cost. So, ensure that you buy one to have a worry free trip and also to save on additional expenses in case of any unforeseen medical treatment expenses during travel.
List of Things to Do at the Maldives
Many people are in the impression that there is nothing much to do in the Maldives than watching gorgeous sunsets. Surprisingly, there are many things that you can do and explore in the country. Read on!
- You cannot miss Scuba diving while you are in the Maldives. It is one of the popular Scuba diving destinations in the world
- Snorkelling is yet another fun activity to do in the Maldives. The best part is that you don’t have to go too deep to witness the magnificent reefs and beautiful sea turtles
- Go dolphin spotting in Cinnamon Hakurra in the Maldives. Dolphins in the Maldives are the most playful ones you will ever see
- You can go visit different islands in the country and interact with the locals. Make sure you are dressed appropriately to respect the culture of the locals.
- If you are into surfing, then there is no better place than the Maldives in the entire world. The Cinnamon Dhonveli is very popular and is visited by surfers from all across the world.
Best Time to Visit the Maldives
The Maldives is pretty hot for the entire year. The best time to visit the Maldives is from November to April. The peak travellers’ season is from December to March. Hotel prices tend to be more expensive during these months.
The Maldives Embassy Information
It is important to know the Indian embassy information irrespective of where you are in the world. The Indian Embassy in the Maldives will come to your rescue in case of any emergency. Here are the details:
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
Embassy of India, Athireege Aage, Ameeru Ahmed Magu, Heinveiru, Male
00960–3323015 / 3323016
Fax – 3324778 / 3310180
09:30 - 17:30 (Monday to Friday)
You can find more information on the official embassy website which is
Email ID - hc.malemea.gov.in
Handy Documents for the Maldives Visa
As stated earlier, you don’t need a Visa to travel to the Maldives. A thirty-day Visa is issued on arrival in the Maldives. However, certain documents are required to get your hands on that visa on arrival. Read on!
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel
- Application form (IM01)
- Return ticket to fly out of the Maldives
- Adequate finances
- Hotel/resort conformation
- Passport size photographs
- Expatriate health insurance
- If your trip is sponsored by an individual or a company, you will be required to submit a sponsorship declaration form
For tourist related information - This Article is provided with the intention to familiarize the customer with some basic information. Royal Sundaram assumes no responsibility on the accuracy of the information provided in the article. Customers are advised to verify the details independently.
For Insurance related information – For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully, before concluding a sale.