Travel Insurance for Namibia from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Namibia Travel Insurance
Situated on Africa’s southwestern coast, Namibia shares its border with South Africa (southeast and south), Botswana (east), Zambia (northeast), and Angola (north). Namibia’s western coast faces the Atlantic Ocean. After being ruled by Germany and South Africa for more than a century, Namibia gained its independence in 1990. The capital city of Namibia is Windhoek.
Namibia’s stunning landscape offers one of the best road adventures on the African continent. Its vast geography treats travelers with savannas, mountains, canyons, hot springs, waterfalls, red sand dunes, and deserts. One of the most fantastic places in Namibia is Sossusvlei. It is a huge clay and salt pan in the famous Namib Desert where majestic red-color sand dunes can be seen towering to great heights. While you can cover Sossusvlei using a vehicle, walking is the best way to experience this place (carry lots of water though). Most travelers climb over a dune to take in this immense desert expanse. The locals might be disappointed after a power plant and a dam obstructed the water of the Ruacana Falls, but this waterfall still comes to life during the wetter periods of the year.
The Fish River has carved a humongous canyon in the Namibian landscape. In fact, Fish River Canyon is considered the biggest African canyon and remains one of the most visited places in Namibia. You can choose to hike along its trails or camp at the Fish River Canyon National Park. The therapeutic hot springs of Ai-Ais (meaning ‘burning water’ or ‘scalding hot’ in the local language) can also be found near Fish River Canyon National Park. For visas, apply in person at your nearest Namibian Embassy or Consulate.
Purchase travel insurance for Namibia online in just five minutes. Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Namibia covers you from several possible travel risks. You can choose a policy online according to your travel frequency.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Namibia from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Namibia
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Namibia
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Namibia - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Namibia travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident