Travel Insurance for Romania from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Romania Travel Insurance
A nation straight out of fantasy, Romania is steeped in fascinating tales and traditions. Those familiar with films, animation and literature will identify with this country at once, with two words popping into their heads immediately at its mention - Count Dracula.
Romania is a country that makes each tourist crave a second visit. i. The superstitions so rampant in many of its regions add an extremely exciting, mysterious aura to your entire trip, keeping you on your toes all the time for further discoveries. You will hear stories of ghosts and witches as well as famous Nosferatu, which have passed down various generations and still remain popular here. A region like Maramures is immersed in these traditional tales, with around 20% of its population still believing in witchcraft. The gothic wooden churches and gorgeous homes with ornately carved gates only add to the thrill.
Continue this fantastical journey with Bran Castle, occasionally also mistakenly referred to as ‘Dracula's Castle'. Built in 1382 by Saxons in defense against the Turks, it is one of the favorite attractions for tourists. Also, check out the city of Sibiu in Transylvania, with its beautiful former Council Tower. The Peles Castle is another breathtaking architectural marvel you shouldn’t miss. Many more sights await you in Romania.
The Embassy of Romania in India is at New Delhi. Make sure you apply for a visa well before you plan to commence your holiday.
Come and check out Royal Sundaram travel insurance for Romania today, to make your vacation perfect. Find affordable and comprehensive travel insurance for Romania, with many provisions such as overseas medical covers of up to US$ 150,000, made specifically to let you have the best time of your life while you stay prepared to deal with unforeseen incidents.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Romania from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Romania
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Romania
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Romania - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Romania travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things to know about Romania
With Bucharest in the spotlight, Romania is increasingly becoming popular among travellers. If you have a trip planned to Romania, here are all the things you should know:
- The country is the most instagrammable place in the world. With colourful houses and streets, do not forget to capture all the picturesque places in your camera
- Travellers are mostly concerned about safety in any foreign country. However, Romania is an extremely safe and popular tourist attraction
- Romania has a well-developed train and bus network to get you to the most popular attractions safely
- While in Romania, a travel insurance policy will come in handy to pay for emergency medical expenses. Romania travel insurance will ensure financial safety in case of uncertainty. Buy travel insurance from India as the cost here is significantly less than that of Romania
List of Things to Do at Romania
Romania is a beautiful holiday destination and has a lot to offer. Let us have a look at some of the most beautiful places to visit in Romania. Read on!
- Transylvania is a must-visit place in Romania. Bran castle is the most popular tourist attraction in Transylvania. It is referred to as ‘Dracula castle’ by the fans Bram Stoker’s ‘Dracula’
- Peles castle is yet another beautiful attraction that has a history dating back to the 19th century. The beautiful castle was built as a summer house for Romanian royals
- The Black Church in Brasov is famous for its picturesque streets and medieval architecture
- If you want to witness the miracles of mother nature, then you must visit Danube Delta Biosphere in Romania. It is also one of UNESCO’s world heritage sites
- Some of the other places to visit in Romania are:
- Black sea
- Beautiful city of Bucharest
- Watch wildlife in Brasov
- Piatra Craiului National Park
- 500 years old Painted Monasteries of Bucovina
- Steam train ride
- Sighișoara Citadel Historic Centre
Best Time to Visit Romania
The best time to visit Romania is from mid-May to mid-September. The weather in Romania is extremely pleasant during late spring or beginning of the fall. You will be able to explore beautiful Romania with a little sunshine which sounds like a perfect way to do it.
Romania Embassy Information
Indian Embassy in Romania is Situated in Bucharest. Here are the details:
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
46, Boulevard Aviatorilor
Sector-1, Bucharest, Romania
Queries (in English language only) related to Visa, OCI, Passport and Consular matters may be emailed to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries over the phone (+40 372 147 431/2) may be attended between 14:30 to 16:00 hours only.
For additional information and queries, visit the official website -
Handy Documents for Romania Visa
Here is the document checklist for Romania visa application.
- Passport valid at least three months beyond the decided period of stay
- ID card copy
- 2 recent colour photos 3 cm x 4 cm, on a white background
- Duly filled in visa application form
- Booking Confirmation for a two-way flight ticket to Romania
- Medical insurance valid in Romania
- Certificate of employment
- Proof of financial means in the amount of EUR 50/day for the entire period, but not less than EUR 500 or the equivalent in convertible currency
- Hotel confirmation as proof of accommodation