Travel Insurance for Taiwan from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Taiwan Travel Insurance
Taiwan is one of the few island countries blessed with rich heritage, scenic landscapes, assorted folk traditions and a favourable climate to attract tourists from all over the world. The place is famous for the unique Taiwanese temples that house a worship hall, festival celebration area, and an art house under a single roof. Marvel the art and culture at Taiwanese temples, experience the legacy of democracy at Taipei Main Station, indulge your taste buds in the flavours of delicious Chinese cuisines, and shop till you drop at the teeming night markets here. Travelling in Taiwan is adventurous, but at the same time carries unexpected risks such as luggage theft, loss of belongings, etc.
To safeguard yourself from the effect of such unexpected travel hazards, Royal Sundaram offers travel insurance plans online. This policy will offer cover for unexpected issues such as baggage theft, flight delays or cancellation, emergency medical expenses, etc. that are possible during the journey.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Taiwan from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Taiwan
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Taiwan
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Taiwan - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Taiwan travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things to know about Taiwan
If you want to experience Asian culture at its best, Taiwan is the place to go. Taiwan has emerged as one of the popular tourist destinations in Asia. Few things you must know before planning a trip to Taiwan. Read on!
- Weather in Taiwan is unpredictable. It can go from clear sky to heavy downpour in a single day. Taiwanese carry an umbrella everywhere they go. As a tourist make sure you do the same
- Language can be a barrier in the region. Most of the population does not speak English. You might need the help of a tour guide while you are there
- Healthcare in Taiwan is excellent, but it can be expensive. So, it is best to avail a travel insurance policy from India before you take off for your trip. Taiwan travel insurance policy will compensate for medical expenses, loss of baggage and other important stuff and much more.
List of Things to Do at Taiwan
- Enjoy the magnificent views from Taipei 101. It is the second tallest building in the world after Burj Khalifa. Moreover, it is also the world’s tallest eco-friendly building
- You cannot miss the night markets in Taiwan. Shop for quirky craft items at Shilin Night market. Savour the Taiwanese style fried chicken and bubble tea while you shop at the night market
- Art lovers must head to the National Palace museum. This museum has the world’s largest collection of Chinese art, including carvings, ceramics, calligraphy and paintings
- Unwind at Sun Moon Lake for a relaxing getaway. The place is 2.5 hours from Taipei and is perfect for couples looking to spend quality time at a beautiful location with stunning views
Best Time to Visit Taiwan
Best time to visit Taiwan is from April to June and September to November when the climate is pleasant. However, if you want to travel on a budget and take advantage of great discounts, you can take a trip to Taiwan between December and March, which isn’t the peak season.
Taiwan Embassy Information
It is always good to keep Embassy information handy in case there is an emergency. Here are the details.
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
OFFICIAL WORKING HOURS
Suite 1708, No.333, Section 1, Keelung Road, Taipei 110, Taiwan
9.00 AM to 1.00 PM|1.30 PM to 5.30 PM
You can visit Indian Embassy’s website for detailed information -https://www.india.org.tw/
Handy Documents for Taiwan Visa
Taiwan visa for Indians is free for up to 14 days of travel under certain circumstances. Here is the list of documents required to apply for the Visa.
- A valid Passport
- Proof of address – hotel booking confirmation
- Return ticket
- Invitation letter (if applicable)
- Bank statement
- Digital passport size photographs
Once you gather all the necessary documents, you can go on and fill the online visa application form.
For tourist related information - This Article is provided with the intention to familiarize the customer with some basic information. Royal Sundaram assumes no responsibility on the accuracy of the information provided in the article. Customers are advised to verify the details independently.
For Insurance related information – For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully, before concluding a sale.