Travel Insurance for Tanzania from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Tanzania Travel Insurance
Tanzania is a popular African tourist destination which is every nature lover's delight owing to important natural landmarks and natural reserves. There are many safaris and wildlife tours in this country which will mesmerize you with sightings of the versatile flora and fauna in the country. The most important tourist attraction in this country and one that tops every visitor's list is Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain peak. The Mount Kilimanjaro National Park is visited for viewing different animals and the majestic summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Another popular wildlife reserve is the Serengeti National Park where you can watch zebras, lions, antelopes, cheetahs and many such animals. The beauty of Tanzania is its diverse landscape, apart from the snow-capped mountain ranges; there are also a number of white sand beaches at the archipelago of Zanzibar which offer amazing surfing opportunities. For diving and snorkeling opportunities, visit the Mafia Island where you can view various aquatic creatures in the Mafia Island Marine Park.
Other tourist spots in Tanzania are Pemba Island, Stone Town, Selous Game Reserve, Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Except for visitors from a small group of countries, a visa is required to travel to Tanzania for tourism purposes. This can be obtained from the nearest Tanzanian embassy in your country.
There are many unprecedented events that can occur while travelling to a new country. Protect yourself from such events with Royal Sundaram’s travel insurance for Tanzania. You can even buy travel insurance for Tanzania online from our official website for your vacation to this beautiful African country. Visit our website for more information
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Tanzania from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Tanzania
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Tanzania
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Tanzania - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Tanzania travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
A trip to Tanzania is usually full of adventure and excitement to explore one of the world’s oldest inhabited places. The wildlife and natural surrounding make your tour a memorable one. Here are a few things to know before visiting Tanzania:
- The food in Tanzania has a rich variety that includes seafood, red meats and even delicious vegetarian food.
- With the tourism industry thriving in Tanzania, tipping has become customary and is an integral part of the incomes of many people.
- It is not at all advisable to drink tap water in Tanzania. Only packaged drinking water must be consumed while on the trip.
- A travel insurance policy for travelling to the African country is quite necessary because of the protection it offers in case of any health emergency and other types of travel risks.
- It is essential to check the details of Tanzania travel insurance and see if it is correctly aligned with your travel requirements.
The splendid ecology and vibrant culture of Tanzania has so much to offer to its tourists that they keep longing for a subsequent visit. The most impressive attractions are:
- Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa, presents a unique contrast of an ice-capped mountain top in the hottest region of the planet.
- Serengeti National Park, a World Heritage Site, is famous for its safari wherein wild animals including lions, elephants, cheetah etc. can be spotted.
- The magical coastline that opens in the Indian ocean offers you a glimpse of the Swahili culture and takes you back in time when the East African coast was the seat of sultans.
- The great lakes are partially a part of the country. It includes Lake Victoria, Lake Tanganyika and Lake Malawi, all of which provide for some of the unique species of fishes.
- Kalambo Falls is one of the tallest uninterrupted falls in Africa and is a treat to the eyes of a sightseer.
- There are many more sights that continue to entice tourists from across the globe. They are:
- Zanzibar Archipelago
- Ruaha National Park
- Stone Town
- Arusha National Park
- Mahale Mountains National Park
- Mikumi National Park
- Selous Game Reserve
Travelling to the land of safaris would be more interesting and satisfying if you have proper travel insurance from India with you.
The perfect time to put on your touring shoes for Tanzania is the between July to October because of the dry weather. This period also coincides with the river crossing migration, thereby making it easy to sight most wild animals. In addition, international travel insurance that is valid in Tanzania will come in handy during the adventurous trip.
The Indian Embassy in Tanzania is located in the Zanzibar archipelago.
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
8, Migombani, P.O.Box 871, Zanzibar.
Phones: [255-24] 2232711, 2230720
Fax: +255 24 2230001
Monday-Friday – 0830-1700 hrs. (Lunch 1300-1330 hrs.)
0900-1100 hrs. (For Submitting Applications)
1500-1600 hrs. (For the collection of serviced documents)
For additional information and queries, visit the official website -
Here is a list of documents that are essential to process a visa for Tanzania:
- Passport (with minimum 6 months validity and at least one unused page for stamps)
- Application form, duly completed
- Two (2) recently taken, passport-size photographs
- A photocopy of a return ticket or flight confirmation slip
- Company/organization/school or an invitation letter from the Tanzania counterpart
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination (if applicable)