Travel Insurance for Turkey from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
Turkey Travel Insurance
Turkey is a land steeped in richly history and a famous melting point of two of the most influential ancient civilizations of the world, the Byzantines and the Ottomans. The famous city of Istanbul is home to uncountable ancient buildings and crypts that still retain its resplendent architecture and awe-inspiring art fixtures, embodied by buildings such as the magnificent Hagia Sophia, the Selimiye Mosque and the numerous medieval Georgian and Armenian churches and castles. The country’s cuisine is a delicious blend of Mediterranean, Central Asian, Caucasian, and Arabic cuisine, making for some absolutely mouth-watering dishes from kebabs to koftes and baklavas to lokum. Tourists in Turkey are drawn to the warm Mediterranean beaches during the summer and mountainous interior ranges during the winter, where conditions are ideal for wintersports such as skiing, mainly between October and April. A trip to Turkey would be incomplete without making a stop at one of the hundreds of carpet stores, where one can get handmade, intricately woven kilims, followed by a traditional Turkish coffee accompanied with some delicious chestnut desert.
Consider choosing Royal Sundaram for all your travel insurance policy needs. Our expertly designed policies allow you to let go of all your worries, and enjoy your entire trip and stay to its fullest, without having to worry about problems like passport loss, baggage loss, or even grave matters like medical expenses in case of emergencies.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for Turkey from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in Turkey
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in Turkey
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance Turkey - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for Turkey travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
One of the top travel destinations in the world, Turkey, is a nation straddling the modern and the traditional. It receives nearly 35 million visitors each year.
- If you are someone who finds solace with crystal clear water, tall mountains, small idyllic villages and the ruins of ancient empires, Turkey is the place for you.
- Even though credit cards are wildly accepted in the major cities of Turley, one has to pay in cash in smaller cities.
- One must avoid tap water as it differs from region to region and can be contaminated.
- Traffic on the roads of Turkey is notorious. It is equally dangerous for both car drivers and pedestrians. Make a smart move according to the traffic light.
- To safeguard yourself from getting hurt from the adventures of Turkey, it is better to buy a travel insurance policy. One can book their travel insurance from India before embarking on the memorable journey.
- The most famous activity in Turkey is the Hamam experience. The visitor is scrubbed, washed and then massaged in a cloud of soap foam, which is truly a spectacular way to get rinsed.
- Turkey shares a glimpse of golden history with its visitors. Visit the multiple mosaic museums and walk through the events of Turkish history.
- If you are a food lover, Turkey will not disappoint you. The open-air markets, grand bazaars, and spice bazaar are where one can feast upon the Turkish delicacies.
- Turkey also has plenty of natural escapes. One can go from skiing in the Uludağ Mountains or hike in the Rize Province. Let’s not skip the very famous white travertine terraces of Pamukkale.
- Nothing is better than meeting new people, and the Turkish are known for their hospitality. Join some of them and know more about the grassroots of the country.
Some other places to visit in Turkey is as follows.
- Kabak Bay
- Princess island
- Mount Nemrut
- Grand bazar
- Butterfly Valley, Oludeniz
Turkey experiences the wrath of heat in summers and the chill of the snow in winters. The best time to visit Turkey is in spring and autumn. April and May are a favourable time to visit Turkey, and one will experience pleasant temperatures and clear skies. This time would be perfect for one to go wandering in the beauty of this country.
Indian Embassy in Turkey is situated in Bucharest. Here are the details:
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
46, Boulevard Aviatorilor
Sector-1, Bucharest, Romania
Embassy can be contacted on 00-90-312-4382195-98 (4 lines)
For additional information and queries, visit the official website -
- Biometric photograph
- A valid passport or similar identification card
- Documents providing proof of income or savings
- Flight reservation
- Hotel reservation or invitation
- Document supporting the return to the home country (approval from work, etc.)
- Travel insurance