Travel Insurance for United Kingdom from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
United Kingdom Travel Insurance
Comprising the four nations of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the UK is a diverse patchwork of native and immigrant cultures, making for a highly compelling and intellectually enriching travel experience. Home to over 25 World Heritage sites, the UK is a treasure trove of magical travel destinations, from household names such as the Tower of London and Buckingham Palace in England to sites of ancient historical importance such as Winsdor Castle and Ironbridge Gorge. The football capital of the world, first time tourists should definitely experience a game of football at any one of the many prestigious football club stadiums across the country, followed by a round at a local pub to sate your after-match high. Art aficionados can revel in glamorous museums such as the world-renowned Natural History Museum and Madame Tussaud’s, while music lovers must surely visit the famous Abbey Road Studio, where the Beatles shot their cover for the legendary album ‘Abbey Road’, as well as the Spillers Records studio in Cardiff, Wales, which is reported the oldest music studio still in existence.
Royal Sundaram offers Travel Insurance Plans that are aptly designed to secure you from untoward incidences on both your journey and subsequent stay. Customers will be excited to hear about our affordable policies that offer cover from inconveniences such as baggage delay, loss of baggage, flight delays and loss of travel documents, as well as unfortunate incidences that would require medical expenses.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for United Kingdom from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in United Kingdom
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in United Kingdom
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance United Kingdom - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for United Kingdom travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things to know about the UK
The four constituent countries of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland combine to form the United Kingdom. It is a haven for some of the most stunning pieces of architecture from different ages as well as multicultural cities. Some of the essential things that you need to know before visiting the UK are:
- London, the capital of England, is the usual gateway to the country. The city is home to some of the most exquisite places of attraction, thereby the start of the vacation enjoyable.
- Being a developed country, the health and safety standards are stringent such that even the drinking water from the tap is safe and hygienic.
- The ease of travelling by means of public transport is one of the key factors that help tourists a lot in their explorations of the city.
- In your trip to the UK, travel insurance policy would help you enjoy all the amazing attractions with complete peace of mind because of the complete risk protection provided by insurance coverage.
Being home to 32 World Heritage Sites, the desire to travel more increases with the visit of every location. Some of the stunning places to visit in the UK are:
- Bath, a city in southwest England, has Roman-built baths that were made due to the flow of natural hot springs. The city also showcases the 18th-century Georgian architecture in its true form.
- Stonehenge is the prehistoric stone age site that dates back to around 3100 BC. The British cultural icon gets lots of visitors on a daily basis.
- The Dorset and East Devon coast provide a treat to the eye of onlookers because of the rock formation sequence that spreads over a period of some 185 million years.
- Old and New Towns of Edinburgh, the Scottish capital, bears the harmonious juxtaposition of two distinct historical periods - 15th-century medieval fortresses and neoclassical urban planning.
- The Giant's Causeway in the Antrim plateau of Northern Ireland consists of about 40,000 massive black basalt columns that are sticking out of the sea and have inspired stories about giants.
- Being in the UK, it becomes quite mandatory for you to visit most of the World Heritage sites along with the other attractions such as:
- The Oxford
- Windsor Castle
- St David's Cathedral
- Christ Church
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Medieval York
Having a comprehensive United Kingdom travel insurance helps you in lot more than you can even think, the safety net it offers covers most the medical expenses and other unwanted risks during your journey.
The ideal time to travel to the UK is in the late May and mid-July which is just between spring and summer as during this period the crowd is eased a lot and booking are available in a hassle-free manner. Moreover, with travel insurance from India, your time in the UK becomes even more comfortable.
The Indian Embassy is in London, the capital of England. Here are the additional details for your assistance:
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
High Commission of India
India House, Aldwych, London, WC2B 4NA
Tel No.: 02086295950 (Between 0930 to 1700 hrs on all working days)
For general enquiries, please send email to email@example.com
For other queries pertaining to Passport, OCI, PIO, Visa and Consular services, applicants are advised to see the Q & As in the "Common Telephone Queries" at the website of the High Commission https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/ and/or contact the Public Response Unit.
The documents that are necessary to apply for a UK visa are:
- Two colored photographs, not less than 6 months old.
- Your Valid Passport, valid for three more months after completion of your trip.
- Proof you have the financial cover.
- Proof of accommodation in the UK (hotel/hostel to be booked in advance)
- Detailed travel itinerary.
- Tuberculosis Test Results.