Travel Insurance for United States from India Cost & Plans | Royal Sundaram
United States of America Travel Insurance
The self-proclaimed land of freedom, the average international traveller will at some point of time surely find themselves planning a trip to the United States of America. Known for being a country that has left its mark all over the world, it is one of the biggest sources of modern-day pop culture, with many travellers having already visited the country at least once in their imagination. From sprawling metropolises such as cities like New York City and San Francisco to untouched natural reserves such as those in states like Oregon and Alaska, USA is a haven for tourists of all tastes and ages.The varied cultural influences of the country’s many immigrants are the main sources of its immense flavour and mass appeal. Although there are too many amazing destinations to list, a few short-list contenders would be wonders such as the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone National Park, and the US Virgin Islands, as well as popular tourist chill-out destinations including Las Vegas and New Orleans.
Royal Sundaram offers Travel Insurance Plans that are aptly designed to secure you from untoward incidences on both your journey and subsequent stay. Our affordable plans offer cover from inconveniences such as baggage delay, loss of baggage, flight delays and loss of travel documents, as well as unfortunate incidences that would require medical expenses.
Top Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance for United States of America from Royal Sundaram
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Medical evacuation
- Support for loss of baggage and loss of passport
- Cashless treatment during medical emergency
- Accidental dismemberment
- Legal liabilities are covered
- Trip delays
Benefits of Travel Insurance in United States of America
- Convenience: Travel insurance plans are designed specially to address the convenience of students, senior citizens, and frequent travellers.
- Emergency medical coverage: It offers emergency medical protection on an overseas travel.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Travel insurance pays back the expenses that you may suffer on losses related to trip cancellations.
- Luggage and documentation: The insurance company also pays for the loss of important documents.
- Personal accident: It includes cover for accidental death and disability
- Emergency cash advance
Basic Coverage and Exclusions of Travel Insurance in United States of America
- Loss of passport
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
- Hijacking benefit
- Medical emergency cover
- Reimbursement due to trip delays
- Sickness Dental Relief
- Personal liability
- Accidental dismemberment
- Loss/Delay of checked-in baggage
What’s not covered?
- Medical cover for pre-existing diseases
- Any claim arising from the act of terrorism, self-injury, suicide attempt, etc.
Travel Insurance United States of America - Claim Process & Procedure
Please follow the below procedure for United States of America travel insurance claim process:
The procedure is very simple. As soon as a claim occurs, you need to inform the insurance company through a call or an e-mail. The customer service executive will help you with the claim procedure. Here’s a step-by-step guide to make a claim under travel insurance –
- Claim process for health coverage – Reimbursement
- Claim process for delay in checked-in baggage or loss of baggage
- Claim process for personal accident
Things to know about the United States
The United States is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes and historical attractions in the world. It is also a favourite destination for travellers from all across the globe. If you are planning a visit, here is what you should know:
- Keep your US visa and other important travel documents handy to avoid any action by the authorities.
- Never visit the USA. without a travel insurance policy. United States travel insurance will take care of your healthcare expenses while you are there. It will also compensate in case of loss of baggage. from India to save a good deal of money on your travel budget. Travel insurance cost in India is less than that of the US.
- When eating out in the US, remember that tipping is expected from you.
List of Things to Do in the United States
The USA is huge. It is one of the most popular destinations among travellers. Here’s why:
- A road trip along the Pacific Coast Highway to witness the incredible landscapes.
- A trip to the United States is incomplete without visiting its stunning National parks. Enjoy the mammoth Mariposa Groves in Yosemite National park in California, or the desert flora of Saguaro National Park in Tucson, or the hot springs of Yellowstone National Park.
- If you love Mexican food, then you must visit San Diego in California for the wide variety of Mexican cuisine.
- Do include visiting the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and the Brooklyn Bridge in your itinerary. They are two of the most iconic landmarks in the USA.
- If you have a visit planned to the New York City which is situated in the northeast USA, you can explore numerous iconic places such as the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art, American Museum of Natural History, Guggenheim Museum and more. Visit the Ellis Island for a poignant journey down USA’s immigrant history.
- For the sci-fi buffs, the Kennedy Space Centre in Merritt Island are a must visit.
Other places to visit:
- Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau
- Golden Gate Park in San Francisco
- Arctic National Wildlife refuge in Alaska
- Mount Vernon in Northern Virginia
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Pi’ilanihale Heiau and Kahanu Garden in Road to Hana, Hawaii
- Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles
Best Time to Visit the United States
May to September, which is Summer in the US, is considered as the most popular time for tourists to visit the country. You can also plan a trip during the fall season, which is from September to November, as the weather is extremely pleasant.
United States Embassy Information
In case there is an emergency, you can connect with the Indian Embassy in the United States. The Embassy is located in Washington, DC. Here are the complete details:
TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
OFFICIAL WORKING HOURS
Chancery Address: 2107 Massachusetts Avenue,
NW Washington, DC 20008
9:30 AM - 6:00 PM EST
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays)
You can find more information on the official embassy website which is indianembassyusa.gov.in
Consular Wing Address: 2536 Massachusetts Avenue,
NW Washington, DC 20008
Handy Documents for United States Visa
A visa is an official document that lets you enter any foreign country and stay there for a specific period. The type of Visa will vary based on the purpose of your visit. Here is a list of documents that you need to keep in handy while applying for the United States’ Visa:
- A Valid passport
- Coloured photographs
- Marriage Certificate, if applicable
- Proof of Financial properties
- Divorce/death certificate of spouse, if applicable
- For family-based cases or dependent Visa, all documents stating the relationship between the petitioner and the applicant are required.
- A letter from Employer, if applicable
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Birth Certificate
For tourist related information - This Article is provided with the intention to familiarize the customer with some basic information. Royal Sundaram assumes no responsibility on the accuracy of the information provided in the article. Customers are advised to verify the details independently.
For Insurance related information – For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully, before concluding a sale.