Product Benefits-Key Highlights
Benefits offered, their sub-limits and deductibles
Product Benefit Table
|Sum Insured (in USD)||50000, 1lac||2lacs, 3lacs, 5lacs||5lacs, 7.5lacs, 10lacs|
|1||Medical Expenses (including medical evacuation) 1#||50000, 1lac||2lacs, 3 lacs, 5lacs||5lacs, 7.5lacs, 10lacs||USD 100|
|2||Sickness Dental Relief||300||500||1,000||USD 100|
|3||Daily Cash Allowance in case of hospitalization beyond 2 days||0||0||USD50 per day to max of 250 USD||Nil|
|4||Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit (Common Carrier)||2,500||5,000||5,000||Nil|
|5||Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit (24 hrs)||10,000||15,000||25,000||Nil|
|6||Repatriation of Mortal Remains||5,000||5,000||7,500||Nil|
|7||Delay of Checked-in Baggage||100||100||500||after 6 hours|
|8||Loss of Checked-in Baggage 2||500||500||1500||Nil|
|9||Loss of Passport Benefit||250||250||300||USD 25|
|10||Personal Liability Benefit||100,000||200,000||250,000||USD 100|
|11||Trip Delay Benefit||USD30 per 12hrs to max. 180 USD (3 days)||USD30 per 12hrs to max. 180 USD (3 days)||USD50 per 12hrs to max. 500 USD (5 days)||after 6 hours|
|12||Hijacking Benefit||USD100 per day (5 Days Max)||USD100 per day (5 Days Max)||USD125 per day (7 Days Max)||after 12 hrs|
|13||Automatic extension of policy upto 7 days||Available||Available||Available||Nil|
|14||Emergency cash advance 3||500||1,000||1,500||Nil|
|17||Missed Connections/Missed Departures||500||500||1,000||after 6 hours|
|18||Bounced Hotel/Airline Booking||-||500||2,000||10%|
|19||Political risk and Catastrophe evacuation||-||-||10,000||Nil|
|21||Emergency Hotel Extension||-||-||5,000||250|
|22||Loss of Baggage and Personal Effects 4||-||-||2,000||100|
|23||Return of Minor||-||-||7,500||Nil|
|24||Difference in Airfare due to delayed or early return||-||-||500||Nil|
|26||Home Content Insurance (in INR)||-||-||200,000||Nil|
All benefit limits are in USD unless specified
# For Insured persons between the ages of 61 years to 70 years following Sub Limits shall apply in respect of Medical Expenses (including medical evacuation). All other benefits will be applicable as mentioned in Product benefit table above. These sub limits will not be applicable if the Insured is travelling to Schengen countries and Premium will be charged as per the Schengen rates shared for members aged 61 to 70.
|1||Hospital Room and boarding||USD1500/day upto 30 days||USD1800/day upto 30 days||USD2000/day upto 30 days|
|2||Intensive Care Unit||USD2500/day upto 7 days||USD3000/day upto 7 days||USD3250/day upto 7 days|
|3||Surgical treatment *||Max USD10,000||Max USD12,500||Max USD15,000|
|4||Anaesthetist services||Max upto 25% of Surgical Treatment||Max upto 25% of Surgical Treatment||Max upto 25% of Surgical Treatment|
|5||Physician’s visit||Max USD75/day upto 10 visits||Max USD75/day upto 10 visits||Max USD100/day upto 10 visits|
|6||Diagnostic and pre-admission testing||Max upto USD500||Max upto USD600||Max upto USD1000|
|7||Ambulance services **||Max upto USD400||Max upto USD500||Max upto USD600|
|8||Misc Expenses ***||Part of Room Charges||Part of Room Charges||Part of Room Charges|
All benefit limits are in USD unless specified
* Includes OT charges, Surgeon Fee and implant charges
** Includes cost of transportation to hospital and paramedic services
***Includes but not limited to medicines/pharmacy/drugs/supplies/nursing charges/external medical appliances as prescribed by doctor as necessary and essential as part of the treatment
1. PED condition is not covered. Coverage for PED is applicable only in case of Life Threatening condition up to a max of USD2000.
2. In case of one bag is 100 % and in case of two or more bags Per Baggage is max 50% and per item in the baggage is max 10%
3. Includes delivery and service charges
4. Loss of baggage outside the airport. Max liability per item is limited to USD 100
Details of all benefits have been provided below:
1. Medical Expenses (including Medical Evacuation)
Following conditions are covered on actual expenses incurred subject to the limits specified in the policy schedule under this section:
- OPD, Hospitalisation Expenses, Medical Practitioner’s charges, local emergency medical transportation and medical services for any illness or injury sustained while abroad.
- Medical Evacuation to another better nearby location or to India subject to obtaining prior approval from our end. The medical evacuation shall be as a result of Accidental Bodily Injury and/or Sickness and/or Disease occurring or having first manifested itself during an Insured Journey. It will not cover rescue operations in case of natural calamities/riots when there is no emergency due to accident/sickness. This benefit is available as cashless benefit and not on reimbursement basis.
- Any expenses due to Pre Existing Diseases will not be covered. Only in case of Life Threatening emergency, the expenses incurred abroad will be covered up to a max of USD2000.
2. Sickness Dental Relief
The companywill cover actual expenses incurred resulting from sickness sustained to Sound Natural Teeth during a Trip abroad subject to the limits specified in the schedule under this section.Back to top
3. Daily Cash Allowance in case of hospitalization beyond 2 days
This will be payable on lump sum basis in case of hospitalization beyond 2 days for every completed and consecutive 24 hours of hospitalization. The benefit shall be payable up to the limits specified in the policy schedule. Claims admissible only in the event of hospitalization exceeding 2 days which shall however be paid including the 2 days. Daily Cash Allowance benefit shall be payable only when a claim under Medical Expenses section specified under the policy for the said hospitalization is admissible.Back to top
4. Accidental Death & Dismemberment (24 hours)
In case of death or disability arising out of and consequent (within 12 months) upon an injury sustained during the trip, the policy will pay the limits specified in the schedule under this section as per the benefit table mentioned below.
2. Permanent Total Disablement
Total and irrevocable loss of
(i) Both Hands or both feet
(ii) sight of both eyes
(iii) one entire hand and one entire foot
(iv) Loss of either hand or foot and sight of one eye
(v) Speech and hearing in both ears
(vi) Either hand or foot
(vii) Sight of One eye
(ix) Hearing in both ears
(x) Thumb and index finger of the same hand
In any case, the maximum liability of the company in the event of a claim shall not exceed 100% of the sum insured provided under this section.Back to top
5. Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Common carrier)
The policy will pay the sum insured specified in the schedule in addition to the sum insured specified under the personal accident section if the insured sustains Accidental Bodily Injury during the course of his overseas journey while travelling in a common carrier such as rail, bus, tram or aircraft and such bodily injury is the sole and direct cause of the Insured’s death or Permanent Total Disablement and which was sustained within 12 months from the date of the accident.Back to top
6. Repatriation of Mortal Remains
In the event of the death of the Insured Person during the Trip due to illness/ injuries, which are insured events in terms of this Policy, the Company shall compensate for the transportation expenses reasonably incurred to return the mortal remains of the Insured Person to the place of residence in the Republic of India or the expenses for local burial or cremation in the country where the death occurred, subject to the limits specified in the schedule under this section.Back to top
7. Delay of Checked-in Baggage
The Company will reimburse up to the limits specified under this section in the policy schedule for necessary emergency purchase of essential clothes, toiletries and essential medicines in the event that the Insured Person suffers a delay of more than 6 hours from the Scheduled Arrival time at the destination for delivery of Baggage that has been checked by a Common Carrier for an international outbound flight from the Republic of India. This benefit is only payable on outward journey from India and not on return journey to India. Amount payable will be only in excess of any amount paid or payable by the carrier responsible for the delay/loss. This benefit shall be payable only once during the policy period irrespective of the number of intermittent trips undertaken by the insured.Back to top
8. Loss of Checked-in Baggage
The Company will reimburse up to the limits specified in the Schedule of the policy in the event of the Insured Person suffering Total Loss of entire piece of Checked in Baggage which is under the care control and custody of the Common Carrier, while the Insured Person is a ticketed passenger on the Common Carrier during the course of the Insured Period. Any amount payable will be in excess of any amount paid or payable by the Carrier responsible for the loss and/or in excess of all other valid and collectible insurance. The maximum amount reimbursable per bag is 50% of the Sum Insured and the maximum value per article contained in any bag is 10% the Sum Insured.Back to top
9. Loss of Passport
In the event that the Passport, Visa belonging to the Insured Person is lost, the Company will reimburse up to the limit mentioned in the Schedule to cover only the direct expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred in connection with obtaining emergency travel documents in lieu of passport /visa or duplicate or new passport. Any loss should be reported to local Police within 24 hours.Back to top
10. Personal Liability
In the event of the Insured Person becoming legally liable to a Third Party (under statutory liability provisions or in common law for an incident which results in death, injury of such third party or damage to his/ her properties), the company will compensate the Insured person up to the limit specified, provided the incident occurs during the Period of Insurance and whilst on a Trip abroad and provided that the claim is reported to the Company immediately.Back to top
11. Trip Delay
The Company will pay a lump sum subject to the limits specified in the policy schedule under this section, if the Insured Person’s Common Carrier commencement is delayed for more than 6 continuous hours due to any Covered Occurrence. This section provides coverage both for inbound and outbound journey out of India. This benefit shall be payable only once during the period specified in the policy schedule.
Covered occurrence shall mean the following:
ii. Lighting, Storm, Tempest, Typhoon, Hurricane, Inundation, Subsidence
iii. Landslide and rockslide
v. Floods resulting from unseasonal rains, storm or cyclone.
viii. Volcano Eruption
provided that, the named perils hereinabove shall take place at and in the vicinity of any port involved in the Trip; and Cancellation or rescheduling of flights done at the instance of the Common Carrier that causes delay.Back to top
12. Hijacking Benefit
A lump sum amount is payable subject to the limits as specified in schedule for each 24 hours in captivity in the event of any Common Carrier, in which the Insured Person is traveling being hijacked on the trip abroad and held captive for more than 12 continuous hours.Back to top
13. Automatic Extension of Policy up to 7 days
The period of insurance is automatically extended up to a period of 7 days when there is a delay in Common Carrier, due to a Covered Occurrence (same list as shared under point no 9) and when no alternative travel arrangement is available.Back to top
14. Emergency Cash Advance
The company will provide an assistance service when the insured person requires emergency cash following incidents like theft/burglary of luggage/money or hold up whilst on a trip covered under policy. The service provider will coordinate with the insured person’s family members in his country of residence to provide emergency cash advance to the insured person as per his requirement up to the limit specified (including service and delivery charges) in the policy schedule under this section.Back to top
15. Trip Cancellation
The Company will reimburse the unused and non-refundable portion of the pre-paid lodging cost and/or the ticket cancellation charges (up to the maximum amount specified in the schedule) if the Trip is cancelled and the Insured Person is unable to undertake the Trip due to:
i. death or serious injury or sudden sickness requiring minimum 3 days of hospitalization within 5 days before the date of departure specified in the policy schedule of (a) of the Insured Person or (b) Traveling Companion or (c) immediate Family member of the Insured Person.
ii. Covered occurrence (same list as shared under point no9) provided they take place at and in the vicinity of any port involved in the Insured's Trip.
Amount payable under this section will be only in excess of any amount paid or payable if any by the Hotel/Airlines. The booking should have been made in advance prior to the cancellation.Back to top
16. Trip Curtailment
The Company will reimburse the proportionate expenses pre-paid but are not refundable including tickets for the return journey to Republic of India (up to the maximum amount specified in the schedule) due to trip curtailment caused by
- Emergency Medical Evacuation of self.
- Death, serious injury or sudden sickness of your spouse, parents, parent in laws or child residing with you in India and who is not travelling with you on the insured journey
- Serious injury or sudden sickness requiring minimum three days hospitalization of the insured’s wife or child (within 5 days before the date of departure of return journey) and who were booked to travel with the insured and who are also insured with us.
- The hijack of an aircraft in which you are travelling as a fare-paying passenger
- Inclement weather conditions like Hurricane, Storm, Flood or Natural Disasters, provided they take place at and in the vicinity of any port involved in the Insured's Trip. The amount payable under this section will be only in excess of any amount paid or payable if any by the Hotel/Airlines
17. Missed Connections/Missed Departures
The Company will reimburse cost of reasonable expenses towards actual boarding and lodging incurred if the insured misses the connecting flight at intermediate port due to a delay beyond 12 hours from the original schedule by the outbound air craft from India in which insured is expected to travel, caused by Inclement weather, Equipment failure of the common carrier, strike or other job action by employees of the airlines. This benefit shall be payable either for a Missed connection or departure and not for both.Back to top
18. Bounced Hotel/Airline Booking
The company, subject to the limits specified under this section in the policy schedule, will reimburse the additional expenses towards alternate flight booking, transportation to the alternative hotel, cost of up gradation to a superior class of hotel if required when the confirmed hotel/airline booking services with the suppliers is bounced due to over booking.Back to top
19. Political risk and Catastrophe evacuation
The Company shall, subject to the sum insured limits specified in the schedule, reimburse the insured:
i. the cost of travel expenses to the country of residence or nearest place of safety up to the cost of an economy class air ticket and
ii. reasonable accommodation expenses, if incurred, up to a maximum of USD 300 per day for a maximum of 7 days if insured is unable to return to his country of residence, when:
- Officials in the country where Insured is visiting, recommend that certain categories of persons which include the Insured should leave the country, or
- Insured is expelled from or declared persona non grata in the Country he is in, or
- A catastrophe (fire, flood, earthquake, Tsunami, Volcano Eruption, storm, lightning, explosion, hurricane or epidemic due to contagious disease) has occurred in the Country the Insured is in, necessitating his immediate evacuation in order to avoid risk of personal Injury or Illness to himself.
20. Compassionate Visit
The company shall subject to the limits specified under this section, when insured person is hospitalized on account of an illness/accident for a period exceeding 5 days and as opined and recommended by the attending Medical Practitioner requires special assistance from an immediate family member, shall reimburse the cost of the economy class flight ticket incurred by the immediate family member rendering such special assistance from and to the place of residence/origin of such person together with accommodation expenses not exceeding 200 USD/day. This benefit shall be payable only once during the policy period.Back to top
21. Emergency Hotel Extension
The Company shall, subject to the limits specified in Policy Schedule, pay the actual additional expenses for lodging and boarding incurred by the Insured if the departure of the Insured shall be delayed either at the port at the place of origin (other than the country of residence of the insured) or at any intermediate ports forming part of the Trip within the Period of Insurance solely arising out of and consequent upon occurrence of any of the covered events. (Same list as shared under point no9)
Subject however that the named perils specified shall take place in and in the vicinity of the port involved in the Insured's commencement and completion of the journey.Back to top
22. Loss of Baggage and Personal Effects
The Company shall pay the insured, subject to the limits specified in Policy Schedule,
- in case of loss of checked in baggage received from common carrier against surrender of receipt, happening once Insured leaves the exit gate of the airport (including while he is travelling in the rented vehicle), and any time before the Checked In Baggage is once again checked-in in connection with furtherance of the scheduled journey being part of the Trip within the Period of Insurance, on actuals on declaration of such loss by the Insured,
- for the loss of the hand baggage carried by the Insured from the time the Insured passes through the security at the airport at the port of origin and continue until the Insured completes or terminates his / her Trip covered hereunder. The compensation shall be relating to the loss of baggage as a whole, and shall be on actuals on declaration of such loss by the Insured.
In case of loss of more than one baggage, company’s liability shall be restricted to 50% of the maximum liability specified under the section.Back to top
23. Return of Minor Child
The Company, in the event of death of the insured whilst in abroad or hospitalized due to an Injury and / or Illness, contracted at any place being part of the Trip covered under the policy, which in the opinion of the attending Medical Practitioner shall extend beyond a period of 5 days, shall pay the insured, subject to the limits specified in Policy Schedule, cost of economy class air ticket incurred for sending the unattended Minor Child back to the Country of Residence,
Minor Child for the purpose of this benefit shall mean child/children accompanying the Insured Person, below the age of 18 years. This benefit shall be available for a maximum of two children.Back to top
24. Difference in Airfare due to delayed or early return
If the insured returns back to India before or after the scheduled date of return, due to illness or accident to self or accompanying travelers who are also travelling with the insured person and insured with us, the Company shall pay the insured person, subject to the limits specified in Policy Schedule, the difference fare for economy class return ticket when the insured’s original return ticket was issued at a reduced rate and with a fixed or limited return date, and such return date cannot be met due to the insured’s illness or accident covered under the policy.Back to top
25. Assistance Services
The Company shall provide assistance services such as Overview of country, Weather, Currency Exchange Rates, Vaccinations etc.Back to top
26. Home Content Insurance (in INR)
The company shall subject to the limits specified under this section, pay for the loss or damage to household contents and personal effects of insured kept in insured’s specified home in India caused by Fire & allied perils, Burglary/Housebreaking during the policy period, whilst the insured person is abroad.
The Company shall not pay more than 20% of the Sum Insured in respect of any one item. This Benefit is applicable for the entire Family unit and not on Insured Person.Back to top
The Company shall not be liable to make any payments in respect of:
1. Any claim relating to events occurring before the commencement of the cover or otherwise outside of the Period of Insurance.
2. Any claim in respect of Pre-existing conditions (excepting in case of life threatening situations up to a maximum of USD2000).
3. Any claim arising out of illnesses or Accidents that the Insured Person has caused intentionally or by committing a crime or as a result of drunkenness or addiction (drugs, alcohol).
4. Any claim arising out of mental disorder, suicide or attempted suicide self-inflicted injuries.
5. Any claim arising from the Insured Person engaging in Air Travel unless he/she flies as a fare paying passenger on an aircraft properly licensed to carry passengers. For the purpose of this exclusion Air Travel means being in or on or boarding an aircraft for the purpose of flying therein or alighting there from following a flight.
6. Any claim for any losses in whole or in part and/expenses directly or indirectly in respect of the Insured Person riding on a motor cycle or any other two-wheeled and two-wheeled motorized mode of conveyance as driver unless at the time of the Accident the insured is in possession of a currently valid full international driving licence and while riding a two wheeler is wearing a safety crash helmet and following rules applicable in the country of visit.
7. Illness and Accidents that are results of war and warlike occurrence or invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power, seizure, capture, arrest, restraints, detainments of all kings princes and people of whatever nation condition or quality whatsoever.
8. Any claim up to the Excess as shown in the Policy Schedule.
9. Any claim for participation in Hazardous Sports/Hazardous Activities
10. Any claim arising out of sporting activities in so far as they involve in training or participation in competitions of professional or semi- professional sports persons
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. Please refer to the policy terms and conditions for the complete list of exclusions.