Travel Insurance to Schengen Countries
Travel Insurance to Schengen Countries
Europe is considered as one of the most beautiful holiday destinations by many, and if you are planning a vacation there or you need to travel due to business reasons, then your visa application need to mandatorily be enclosed by an overseas health insurance policy.
Falling sick or meeting accidents while in abroad is completely outside one’s control. Medical expenses may drain your funds which you carried primarily for leisure purposes.
Be proactive about securing your trip from the several potential risks out there and get a Travel Insurance plan for health cover not less than Euro 30000 (INR 24,00,00 approx.) and which does not restrict your cover by any limits. While applying for a Schengen Visa it is compulsory to produce a copy of a travel insurance. The insurance policy must be valid for the entire duration of stay.
Royal Sundaram’s Travel Insurance is accepted by Schengan Countries Consulates in India for visa purpose.
As per current law followed by the European Union countries, if you are travelling on Schengen Visa in any of these countries listed below, you should mandatorily carry a health insurance cover.
European Union Member States which are not Schengen States but with similar travel insurance requirements.
Royal Sundaram’s Travel Insurance policy can help you secure a Schengen Visa. Don’t hesitate, buy our travel insurance policy online and enjoy the trip!
Who can be insured?
Infants above 90 days and adults up to 70 years of age can be covered. The purpose of your travel should not be for immigration/ studies.
How long the policy is effective?
Suiting your visa requirements cover is available from 1 day to 180 days. The cover attaches from time your flight starts its trip till the time you land back in India.
- Overseas Medical Covers ranging from US$ 50,000. To US$ 150,000.
- Covers unexpected emergency surgery, diagnostic tests (such as X-Ray, blood tests, scans), medical aid prescribed by attending physician.
- Emergency Dental treatment cover over and above medical cover
- Personal Accident Insurance cover for accidental death/dismemberment
- Covers loss of checked-in baggage.
- Covers delay of checked-in baggage - We will provide reimbursement for emergency purchase of clothes, toiletries up to a limit as per plan chosen, if delay exceeds 12 hours.
- Covers loss of Travel documents - We will reimburse you cost of getting duplicate document in the event of loss of Visa and Passport, up to a limit as per plan chosen.
- Cover for trip delay in excess of 12 hours (applicable if you choose medical cover for more than US$ 50,000).
- Home Insurance cover of INR 1 lakh for your residence in India whilst you are in abroad (applicable if you choose medical cover for more than US$ 50,000).
- Personal Liability cover up to US$ 1,00,000.
- Automatic extension of policy for up to 7 days if you could not commence your travel when no alternate travel is arrangement is available when your scheduled common carrier could not start due to a) inclement weather b) strike by employees of common carrier c) industrial action d) equipment failure of carrier.
For detailed information on Royal Sundaram’s Travel insurance click here.
When to apply
If you intent to visit one of the Schengen countries then you need to apply at the embassy or consulate of that particular country. In case you wish to visit multiple Schengen countries, then you must apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate of the country which is your primary of main destination.
You will have to procure a visa for the initial entry purpose along with a passport that is valid for three months beyond the planned stay period. In case you wish to visit Schengen territories for a period of 2 weeks, then you must have a passport that is valid for a period of 5 months.
Invitation from a firm or an authority to attend meetings, conference or events connected with trade, industry or work. Other documents which show the existence of trade relations or relations for work purposes and entry tickets to the events.
Tourism or general visit:
Invitation from the host if staying with one or supporting document from the establishment providing lodging or any other appropriate document indicating the type of accommodation envisaged . In the case of transit, tickets for onward destination may be required.
A letter issued by an authority of the third country confirming that the applicant is a member of the official delegation to a Schengen State to participate in meetings, consultations, negotiations or exchange programmes, along with a copy of the official invitation.
Royal Sundaram offers comprehensive travel insurance policy at affordable rates. Our policy is designed to secure you from the various risks you could face on your trip. Get the flexibility to choose a plan as per your travel frequency and make sure all your trips are risk-free. It is recommended to buy a Royal Sundaram travel insurance policy while travelling to any of the Schengen countries.