Electronic Equipment Insurance Plan by Royal Sundaram
Electronic Equipment Insurance
The economic activity is truly depending on mechanised setup and yes it is only the multivarious level equipment that forced us to compete achievement on business needs by automation.
With the advent of electronic era in India, almost all industries rely on electronic aids. It is obvious that such electronic equipment are high cost and more costly enough to warrant a comprehensive policy to cover the perils.
We at RSA have launched our EEI to take care of all equipment's requirement truly keeping in mind, the financial requirement to take care of unforseen circumstances.
Customer commitment is one of our values. Vision to meet and exceed our customer needs by providing insurance solutions and superior service. Desires to make a long term business. Risk management and loss minimization. Our commitment to small & medium sized businesses is exemplified by our innovative and customised packages.
What is covered under this product
All electronic equipments are covered under this. To name a few -
- Communication Facilities
- Teleprinters, telex.
- Office Machinery
- Word processors, printing, franking machine.
Scope of cover
Under this Electronic Equipment Policy RSA seeks to cover-
- Section I : Equipments
- Section II : External Data Media
- Section III : Increased cost of working
- Sudden ,unforeseen and accidental loss or damage to equipment caused by-
- Fire, lightning and explosion
- Electrical and Mechanical breakdown
- Flood and water damages
- Extraneous impact and collision
- Burglary and theft
- Cyclone, storm and other atmospheric disturbances
- Failure of air-conditioning equipment
- Negligence, faulty operation, carelessness
- Riot, strike and malicious damages
- Entry of foreign body, dirt
- Subject to exceptions as per the policy
The sum insured must represent the new replacement value of the equipment including Custom duties, transportation and installation charges.
Period of insurance
- On annual basis and to be renewed periodically
- Third Party Liability
- Owner's Surrounding Property
- Additional Customs Duty
- Express freight
- Cessation of work
- Damage covered under AMC
- Derangement not accompanied by damage otherwise covered by this policy
- Damage directly occasioned by pressure wave caused by aircraft/other aerial devices
- Wilful act/ Wilful negligence
- Loss/damage to exchangeable tools and operating media
- Wear and Tear
- Aesthetic defects
- Loss or damage for which manufacturer/ supplier is responsible either by law or contract
- Faults or defects existing at the time of commencement of insurance, which were/ ought to have been, known by the insured.
- Claims experience discount is available depending on the Sum Insured and claims ratio
- Electronic equipment insurance policies are subject to a deductible/ Excess which is to be borne by the insured for each and every claims
- Higher Excess can be opted for with a rebate in premium rate
- Fire & allied perils could be excluded from the scope with a discount in premium rate