Car Insurance Claim Procedure | Royal Sundaram
Car Insurance Claims Procedure
How to initiate a car insurance claim?
The car insurance claim process is easy and non-complicated. The following information needs to be kept handy when intimating a motor insurance claim to us:
- Details of the Insurance Policy
- Details of the Accident
- Details of the Driver
The claim will be processed depending according to the terms and conditions of your car insurance plan. You can get in touch with us:
- Through our claim intimation hotline 18005689999
- By Phone 18604250000
- By Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By SMS <MOTORCLAIMS> to 567675
- Through our Mobile App m-Chatra
- Through our website by clicking here
- By visiting your nearest branch
Process for Motor Insurance Claims
Once you have informed us about the claim with the details of your policy and the events that led to the loss or damage, we will guide you through the claim process. Don’t worry, we are with you!
We will assist you in finding a suitable workshop to repair your vehicle on priority and to the highest quality standards, so you can get back on the road as soon as possible.
The following documents need to be submitted:
- A duly filled and signed claim form. In case the car in question is a company car, a company seal and authorized signatory’s signature is required.
- Self-attested photocopies of the registration certificate of the vehicle and the driving license of the driver at the time of accident.
- In cases where the accident has caused death, injury or third party property damage, a FIR has to be registered at the police station.
We will then depute a representative to inspect the vehicle and the damage. However, you must make sure that no dismantling or repair to the damaged vehicle takes place before the vehicle is inspected.
Additional documents may be requested by us depending on the claim. If all documents are found to be in order, the claim will be processed on cashless basis. Cashless facility means that you will not have to worry about the repair costs. You only need to pay the deductible amount and your contribution to the claim, and the rest of the expenses are taken care of by us. The vehicle can be collected after paying all due charges and signing a satisfaction voucher.
However, for reimbursement claims, the original invoice will be required. In this case, you will have pay out of your pocket for getting the car repaired, for which we will reimburse the amount based on the original invoices, after subtracting any deductible amount.
In order to ensure that your car insurance claim is processed smoothly, keep in mind the following points-
- Do not provide false information or documents during the claim process
- Inform us as soon as possible after the accident or loss
- Do not get the damaged vehicle repaired before the survey is conducted