Under Bronze, Silver & Gold Plans
Contents shall include Clothing, Linen, Furniture (all types) and Fixture (including Electrical, Bathroom sanitary fixtures and Modular Kitchen fixtures), Curtains, Utensils, Crockery, Carpets, Safe (including electronic safes), Voltage stabilizers, Outlet surge protector, Jacuzzi, Color video phone, Iron box, Steamer, Cooker, Oven Toaster, Griller, Multi burner stove, Hot plates, Induction Cook top, Gas Cylinders, Tea/Coffee maker, Toaster and sandwich maker, Room heaters, Alarms (Including electronic alarms), Water Dispenser/Purifier, Aquarium/Fish tank without fish, Chandeliers - Jhoomer (Fancy lights), Digital photo frame, Video Games, Books , Items/work of art including Paintings, Pedal Cycle and Musical Instruments, Sewing Machine, Direct to Home TV (including Set Top Box and Antenna), Lawn Mowers, CCTV equipment’s.
Under Platinum & Diamond Plan
Apart from items covered under Bronze, Silver & Gold Plans, the following additional contents are covered under Platinum & Diamond plans:
1. Plants/trees/flowering shrubs/vases/ornamental plants/lawn grass within the boundaries of land belonging to insured’s home.
2. Plate glass (Plate glass means those which is fixed in walls, doors and window frames only)
3. Motorised Wheel Chairs/Perambulator.
Coverage under Bronze, Silver & Gold Plans
A) Fire & Allied Perils
B) Burglary & Housebreaking (including theft)
Coverage under Platinum and Diamond Plans
Coverage for items specified in Platinum & Diamond Plans shall be on All Risks basis.
Important Exclusions applicable for this section
1. Any legal liability liable arising out of use of pedal cycle.
2. In respect of Plate Glass coverage.
a. Breakage or damage during removal and / or repairs on or about the Insured premises.
b. Breakage of or damage to frames or framework only of any description.
c. Disfiguration or scratching or damage of glass other than fractures extending through the entire thickness of glass.
d. Breakage of glass not completely or securely fixed or cracked or imperfect glass.
e. Loss or damage to property or injury to persons arising directly or indirectly from breakage of glass or during replacement thereof.
3. In respect of Plants & Shrubs
a. Items grown for Commercial Purpose.
b. Loss caused by birds.
c. Loss due to excessive watering.
4. In respect of Motorized Wheel Chairs/Perambulator:
a. Loss of or damage to accessories unless the vehicle itself is also stolen.
b. Partial Loss due to accidental breakdown.
c. Any Legal liability arising out of use of Motorized Wheel Chairs/Perambulator:
Specific Conditions applicable to Contents section
1. The maximum liability in respect of Video games, Books and Work of art including painting (maximum 5 numbers in respect of painting only) shall be restricted to a maximum of Rs.10,000/- , Rs.25,000/-, and Rs.1,00,000/- respectively or limit per item whichever shall be lower.
2. Any claim payable under this section shall be subject to a depreciation of 10% per year subject to a maximum of 70%.
3. In respect of Bronze, Silver and Gold Plans, the limit per item in respect of this section shall be restricted to the actual value or 10% of the sum insured under this section as specified in the Schedule of the policy, whichever is lower. Further, wherever waiver of per item limit has been opted by payment of additional premium and endorsed in the policy, “Limit per item” shall not apply under Silver and Gold Plans.
4.In respect of Bronze, Silver and Gold Plans, the maximum liability of the Company in the event of admissible claim of any one item/s following a loss or damage shall be the actual value or 10% of the sum insured under this section as specified in the Schedule of the policy, whichever is lower. Further, wherever waiver of per item limit has been opted by payment of additional premium and endorsed in the policy, “Limit per item” shall not apply under Silver and Gold Plans.
5.Limit per item is not applicable in respect of Platinum and Diamond Plans.
Basis of coverage under this section
1.Bronze - Fixed sum insured limits. Coverage on named peril basis with depreciation and per item limit.
2.Silver/Gold – On Named peril basis with depreciation and per item limit.
3.Silver/Gold – On Named peril basis with depreciation and with a 10% loading on premium rates for waiver of per item limit.
4.Platinum - All risks basis with depreciation and without per item limit.
5.Diamond – All risks basis with zero depreciation and without per item limit (Applicable only when the age of the insured item is up to 5 years. Where the age of the insured item exceeds 5 years, depreciation shall be applicable)
If due to a fire explosion in the kitchen, the walls of the kitchen, the modular kitchen and the walls of the bathroom together with sanitary fittings are damaged, then under this section claim will be settled for the modular kitchen expenses and bathroom sanitary fitting expenses after taking into consideration the basis of sum insured opted by the insured. The expenses related to kitchen wall and bathroom wall will be dealt with separately under Buildings section if cover availed.