Insuring your two-wheeler is as important a step as buying it. After all, the insurance will cover your vehicle against third-party damage and accidental damage to insured vehicle.
While buying insurance, do you know that you can buy an insurance policy for your two-wheeler that provides cover up to three years? No need for renewal each year. It is Two Wheeler Long Term insurance. Let’s learn more about it, shall we?
1. What is it exactly?
Two wheeler long term insurance is a comprehensive insurance policy. It covers your two wheeler against third-party liability along with your vehicle or any physical injury caused for a period of two / three years) all through a single policy document.
2. Why is it better than a regular two wheeler insurance?
Here are a few reasons why it is better:
- Paying all premiums at the start of the policy, helps you to avoid the need of setting aside a sum of money to pay at the end of each year.
- It is convenient because you do not have to renew the policy each year. You buy the policy and you are set for three years.
- Reduced paperwork as well because you need to use them just once at the inception of the policy.
- Your NCB is safe because it will not become zero in the case of one claim during the policy period.
- You will not pay an extra premium even if third party premiums increase during the policy period.
3. What does it cover?
This long-term insurance covers a lot of aspects for your two wheeler. When it comes to natural calamities, the plan covers:
The plan provides coverage for the following:
- Terrorist Activity
- Transit by road, rail, air, waterway lift elevator
As you can read, the plan ensures your two-wheeler is covered against maximum causalities and even against third party death/ bodily injury and third party property damage as well.
There is a personal accident cover for pillion riders and if you are a member of Automobile Association of India, you get up to 5% discount on Own Damage Premium.
The two wheeler long term insurance is a smart plan with many benefits. If you own a two-wheeler or intend to buy one, this insurance plan will make for a good buy.